Ancient Equestria Arc 2: Starswirl's betrayal.

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ancient Equestria Arc 2: Starswirl's betrayal.

Post by Guest on Thu 17 Oct 2013, 05:06

Rhuno was in dreamland, enjoying some time with somepony, until things got a bit sticky. But not in the dream. Rhuno awoke suddenly to Vera and Wind laughing over him, his face and hand lathered in cooking oil.

Rhuno grinned. He then proceeded to jump up whilst Vera and Wind were not paying attention, laughing there plots off, and grabbed each pony around the waist. He put them under each arm and carried them into the ship.

The ponies squirmed, but could not escape his strong grip. He walked them both back to his cabin, chucked them both into his shower bathroom, pulled the shower cord, making sure the water was set to super cold, and slammed the door shut. Rhuno giggled manically as Vera and Wind screamed, trying to find the shower cord whilst the ice cold water drenched them. A good 20 seconds passed, including a lot of scrambling and curses, until Rhuno heard the water shut off. He opened the door to see Vera and Wind dripping, glares as cold as ice burning into him.

"You get what you receive." He says sticking out his tongue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Thu 17 Oct 2013, 19:17

Both Eagle and Steel came down to dinner, watching the commotion unfolding beneath them. Both soldiers just glanced at one another, and sighed. It was the first time the group had seen Steel with his prostetic, and Eagle out of his robes, wearing just regular ship clothes. His wings, still a bit battered from his battle with the hydra, hung close to his body, as he walked down.

"Pranking, are we?" Asked Steel, his voice monotonous. "I will personally break every bone in your front hooves if you try to pull anything on me."

Eagle just scoffed, grabbed a banana peel, and threw it in front of Steel, causing the massive earthpony to promptly slip and fall face first on the ground.

"Don't make such empty threats, Steel. Wind and Vera could very easily slice you in half in an instant, and Needle is far too fast for you. Rhuno could kick you ass 6 ways to sunday, and Inysa would cut your neck so fast you wouldn't be able to breath anyway," Eagle said, before Steel stood up.

"Uh-huh. As if. I could kill each and everyone of them like the cannon fodder they are," Steel said. "No matter how fast you are, one blow of my Zweihander could cleave you in half. It would almost be like I didn't even try."

The whole group looked at Steel with dismay, before he bellowed out in laughter.

"Not saying I would do that. I have no reason to rid this world of such capable fighters. If a group of six ponies and a minotaur can kill a hydra, I'm pretty fucking sure I'd be doing ponykind a wrong by killing you. Besides, I don't have any reason to kill you."

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King of batponies on Thu 17 Oct 2013, 22:45

Inysa lost track of time before she realised that she had to go to dinner.

"Red, can I call you Red? Anyway, let's go to dinner shall we?" Inysa smiled

"I give you permission to call me Red, let's get going." Replied Red

Both the ponies left the captains room and made their way to the dinner room.

King of batponies
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Thu 17 Oct 2013, 23:36

Both Wind and Vera were glaring at Rhuno who sat on his bed chuckling at the two ponies whose manes were now dripping wet, Rhuno threw over a towel for them to share. They dried their manes and tails as best they could without having the sun or wind to dry it, Wind and Vera didn't get a chance to get their manes into how it usually looks for the dinner bells rang throughout the ship and the ship cook's voice could be heard from a metal pipe announcing that dinner is being served.

"I guess we better go then, I'm starving as is already." Vera says and gets a nod from Wind and Rhuno and they head for the kitchen together, Rhuno and Wind constantly trying to trip each other on the way there, Vera simply rolled her eyes at how childish her sister was acting.

They arrived to everyone already being there, including Red Wind the captain and Inysa. Wind sat down to the right of Vera who took her place beside Inysa's left side, incidentally Needle was sat opposite to Wind.

Table seating:
          Red Wind.
     Inysa. || Eagle.
     Vera.  || Steel.
    Wind.  || Needle.
            Rhuno.

Everyone was chit chatting with each other about the past, present and what the future might hold for them when Wind decided to finally taste the soup and burst out in surprise: "Holy Celestia, this is the best soup I've ever tasted, didn't think I'd see the day someone surpassed the cooking of Maelstrom, he was one helluva cook as well as a solider. Who made this?" Wind asks and looks around until she sees the cook nodding at Needle. "Wow, Needle. I didn't know you were such a good cook.." Wind manages to say before the other chime in and agree with Wind.

Vera pokes Wind and whispers: "Do you think this is a good time to reveal our sisterhood to everyone else?"

"I don't see why not? It's not like it's a big secret or anything, right?" Wind replies and receives a nod from Vera who clears her throat to gain the attention of everyone.

"Listen up, I've got something important to say." She begins and makes sure everyone's attention is at her before continuing: "Wind Catcher here is my long lost sister, both of us thought the other was dead until a day ago when we talked about our parents and each other and realized they were exactly the same memories. She's the older one and I'm the younger." Vera finishes.

Dinner continues on for a few more hours with everyone having a good time until they feel it's getting late and the call of a warm bed gets really tempting.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 18 Oct 2013, 03:01

Rhuno let out a hearty chuckle and gave Wind a noogie, which she took the brunt of.

"Long lost sisters! Who would have thought? Do look mighty alike. Mostly when both drenched and wet manes hanging to the floor.

Wind and Vera glare at Rhuno.

"Hehe... anyway, I am going to call it an early night and head back to my quarters, the soup was delicious as Wind said Needle. You all have a great night."

Rhuno gets up from the table, but before leaving, he leans down to Needle and whispers into her ear "Hear that? She really likes that soup. You should totally get at her after this. FYI, total hotty when soaking wet."

Needle blushed and looked like she was forcing herself to keep composure after that remark. Rhuno received a hard stomp to the foot from under the table on his foot.

Rhuno grimaced, but kept his composure as well.

"Hehe, this is going to be sooooo fun. The longer you put it off, the longer you have to deal with me keeping your secret." Rhuno whispered again before getting up and walking off.

He returned to his room, stealing another mattress from Inysa's room. I mean cmon, why would she need it when her and Vera would most likely be sharing? Besides, Rhuno needed it more...

Rhuno laid the mattress on the floor, placing his own next to it, creating a large enough bed for himself. He proceeded to strip down, grab all the covers he collected and bundle himself up into a comfy, bed cocoon.

Now... where was I before I was rudely awoken by Vera and Winds shenanigans... ahh, yes... my pretty pony princess...

Rhuno grinned as he dozed off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Sat 19 Oct 2013, 21:29

Needle was glad she had finished her soup long before Rhuno whispered in her ear. Her stomach felt fluttery and flipped. Blushing, and feeling suddenly quiet weak, Needle excused herself and made her way quickly to her room. She collapsed on her bed and quickly fell to sleep.

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Sat 19 Oct 2013, 22:41

Vera was busy small talking with the captain and Inysa, Rhuno had gone to bed, Eagle and Steel were being their usual silent selves and just observing everyone else at the table, Needle had gone off to bed about half an hour ago. Wind was growing bored and tired, she looked up at the clock on the wall opposite to her and saw the handles had moved from 6pm to 10pm. She yawned and rose up from her chair and just quickly mumbled she'd be going to bed, she headed back to her cabin. She stopped at her door for a moment and turned and looked at Needle's door, she was tempted to knock on her door and ask Needle if she had been insulted or something along those lines from the accidental "kiss" they shared earlier in the day.. Wind was just about to knock on Needle's door when she heard Needle shift in her bed and mumble a bit in her sleep.

"Hmm.. She's already asleep.. I hope she doesn't have any animosity against me after that "kiss" we shared.. I'll talk with her tomorrow then I guess.." Wind says to herself quietly and goes into her room and undresses and crawls into her bed and tries to fall asleep. However her mind won't give her any rest, Wind keeps reflecting on the days events with Needle, going for that flight and lying down on that cloud.. She felt something.. Weird?

Lying next to Needle on that cloud, looking into her lime green eyes and slowly creeping closer until the dragons came and interrupted their tender moment.. Then the prank that went wrong and turned into an accidental kiss, if you could even call it that.. Wind was shifting around in her bed trying to get Needle out of her head but her mind wouldn't let her so she decided she had to talk with Needle now, not later. She obviously had some feelings for the mare and the only way to put her mind to ease was to see if Needle had any feelings aside from friendship to her, Wind also wanted to make sure that Needle wasn't angry over the accidental kiss..

Standing outside Needle's door again, about an hour later than the first time, Wind was about to get ready to knock on Needle's door. "Okay, here goes nothing I guess.." Wind says to herself nervously and knocks on Needle's door. "Needle..? I have something I.. uh.. I have something I need to talk with you about.." Wind says and waits nervously for Needle to either ignore her or open the door, Wind was conflicted about her feelings and one side of her really wanted Needle to open that door so she could gaze upon the beautiful mare once again and the other part hoped Needle was fast asleep and wouldn't open the door and confirm Wind's feelings about Needle.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Sun 20 Oct 2013, 19:35

Needle raised her head groggily at Wind’s voice, her bleary eyes slowly opening.
“Wind, is that you? Come in” she slurred, still half asleep. She pulled her covers high up to her chin as the door opened, realising she wasn’t wearing any bed clothes.

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Sun 20 Oct 2013, 19:58

"Come in" Wind heard Needle reply, she pushed the door handle down and faced a Needle who was pulling her bed cover up to her chin. It hit Wind that neither of them had any bed clothes on them and while being naked was fairly normal, both of them had been used to wearing clothes, Wind more so with military clothes.

"Uhm.. I hope I'm not disturbing your sleep too much but I couldn't get our little incident from earlier out of my head and I wanted to.." Wind's voice trailed off a bit before she cleared her throat and continued: "I.. I wanted to make sure you weren't angry at me or anything.. I didn't.." Wind's eyes starts sweeping around the room so she doesn't have to look Needle in the eyes and get control of her embarrassment over standing here and asking another mare if she was angry over having been "kissed" by accident by a mare. Wind knew a bit of Needle's background of coming from a noble house so she assumed she had probably been brought up with being told anything but stallion x mare isn't love and is something to be frowned upon.

"What I meant is that well I haven't been able to get you out of my thoughts for the entire day and I don't know why I get all giddy, nervous and excited when being near you and I want to know if the moment on the cloud and the accidental kiss meant anything to you.. Even now I have butterflies in my stomach and I'm supposed to be a special forces commander.. heh.. Guess I've got a crush or something.." Wind nervously says and tries to avoid eye contact with Needle so she won't start blushing and becoming even more embarrassed than she already is.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Mon 21 Oct 2013, 22:11

Even though these were the words the Needle hoped she would here, she found herself unable to reply. Her stomach did flips and her cheeks burnt red, but the words got caught in her throat. Her mouth opened and closed several times as she tried to form her feelings into words.

“I...” she began, her face flushing, her voice sounding high and constrained as she forced words out “feel the same”

Wind smiled, and Needle felt a surge of confidence to continue.

“I can’t say I understand it, I have never liked a mare this way before, but when I close my eyes I can’t help but picture you there.”

She lowered her covers a little, just exposing her upper body slighty, feeling more relaxed in her presence.

“I never thought you could ever feel the same way back”

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Mon 21 Oct 2013, 22:45

Wind smiled and regained her composure when Needle said she felt the same about her as Wind did about Needle. Wind had been worried she'd angered or insulted Needle and that she didn't feel the same as Wind did about her.

“I never thought you could ever feel the same way back” Needle said.

"Neither did I.. I've tried doing it with a stallion but it just didn't feel right.. I've always just thought I was afraid of having to settle down and raise a filly but I guess I'm just not into stallions, I've always found myself looking at mares instead of glaring after handsome stallions but I never understood it until today." Wind admits and moves closer to Needle.

"Ever since that moment on the clouds earlier today I've been like bewitched by your beautiful lime green eyes and when we kissed earlier today I wanted the moment to last much longer but I pulled away in panic.." Wind got even closer to Needle all the while looking right into her beautiful lime green eyes, they were close enough to hear each other's breathing when Wind couldn't resist any more. Wind pulled in Needle close to her and kissed her, not letting her go until they both had to pull away to breathe.

"I think I love you, Needle.." Wind says before kissing Needle again and then turning towards the door to go back to her cabin, she stops and looks back at Needle and just says: "We'll have to talk more after the crystal empire but I think I'll be able to sleep now, thank you, Needle." before she vanishes off to her own bed again to sleep.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Tue 22 Oct 2013, 16:23

Eagle walked into his small room, and dropped off his gear. He heard Steel enter his own room, and promptly hit the bed. Knowing earthpony's, the large soldier probably had gone to bed. Eagle sighed, opening the door to his room once more, walking out.

A couple engineers bustled around, packing up for the night. A few guards stood around, half asleep. Nopony would care if Eagle went on a little night flight. It would help Eagle lift some stress of his shoulders. Something to do while everypony slept.

He took off, his powerful wings beating heavily. The moonlight shone on his glossy white fur, as he spun through the night sky. He felt free once more, something he hadn't felt since he was with Needle point. He knew she would find somepony new, and he was okay with that. She deserved to have another chance at happiness.

Eagle returned to the ship, and went inside his room. He looked at his multiple scars in the mirror. It had been a long times since he had felt the pull of any dark magic, but the scars he had sustained through battle reminded him of how he had once been a mess.

"Uh, Commander Eagle?" A voice asked. Eagle nearly threw one of his throwing knives at the wall, near where the voice was, but rationality was taking over.

Eagle turned to see the mirror on the adjacent side of the room had the mage he had talked to at Canterlot in its reflection. She had a soft smile spread across her lips.

"Just wanted to check in with you. We went over what we found in the library, and-" started the mare, but Eagle shushed her.

"I suggest you keep your haste with reporting in. While I'm very glad that you found something, it would fall upon ears of somepony who would not understand a word. I suggest taking this up with Night Vera, if anything," Eagle said, getting a frown from the mage.

"I'm sorry sir, I just-"

"Don't apologize. It's not your fault. I am just uneducated in the ways of magic. We will reach the crystal empire tomorrow, then you can check in," Eagle said, giving her a soft smile.

"Thank you, sir."

"No need to call me sir. We aren't even in the same military grouping," Eagle said, still smiling. "I didn't catch your name."

The mare smiled through the mirror, her horn glowing gold. "It's Gold, si- I mean, Eagle."

"Nice to meet you, Gold. Have a safe night," Eagle said.

"You too, commander."

With that, the picture dissipated on the mirror. Eagle simply nodded his head, before, sighing. He dropped his chest plate off his body, showing a dark brand imprinted into his chest. A small crescent moon, with a star next to it. He studied it, and then simply fell into his bed, falling into a deep slumber.

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Thu 24 Oct 2013, 13:35

Eventually everyone had returned to their cabins to enjoy whatever sleep they could still get before arriving at the Crystal Empire. In the morning the bells that indicated that the ship was close to it's destination rang throughout the ship, waking everyone up. Night Vera made her usual round to everyone's door and told them to meet her up on deck in 10 minutes, once everyone had gathered she did a quick briefing on the proper way to behave when talking to a King. The last thing they wanted was to insult King Sombra after he'd obviously been angered by Starswirl's poking around.

The airship eventually docked at the big spire in the middle of the kingdom which was King Sombra's residence, all around them on the ground the citizens of the Crystal Empire looked up toward the airship in curiosity what envoys of the twin Princess rule of Canterlot was doing here.

The group was escorted by King Sombra's personal guards to his throne room where he was awaiting them with a rather sour expression on his face, he was obviously not in a good mood after the whole Starswirl incident and him lying about being here on the orders of Princess Celestia and Luna.

"So, first the head mage of Canterlot comes barging in and demanding to be given full access to my magic library, saying he's been sent on an important mission by the Princesses of Canterlot and that no one should interfere with what he requires.. First Starswirl and now envoys of the Princesses that are here to assure me everything is fine, bah! I've got no time for you, I've got important state business to attend too, Starswirl was last seen in the magic library, I'll have some guards escort you there and tell them to leave you alone until you find whatever it is you're here to look for!"

Everyone simply nods and bows as his guards gesture toward the doors and begins to escort them out towards the library where Starswirl was last seen.

(It's free for anyone to post at this point, Dan can post from his nightly shenanigans up to getting to the library, Jake needs to make some post where Steel's corruption transfers to Sombra and besides those there's no need for major input for me so you guys can post up to the point where Inysa and Vera are needed to banish the demon in the library)

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Thu 24 Oct 2013, 20:30

Steel glared at Sombra. So many of the massive earthpony's friends had given their lives for the insufferable, arrogant king, and still he seemed to act like he deserved his throne. He hadn't even come to any of the massive battles that Steel had attended. He preached his power as a great warrior, when Steel could easily kill him with one blow.

Suddenly, Steel's vision went blurry, and purple. He nearly fell to his knees, if it weren't for his years of training to steady himself with a two hoofed blade. He saw wisps of purple matter transfer into Sombra, before Steel's strength returned, letting him steady his legs.

"What the fuck...?" Steel muttered to himself, looking around.

"Hey, c'mon. We need to check in with your daughter, she's got something to tell us," Eagle said, hitting Steel on the back of his armor. Steel nodded, as they walked over to a mirror.

Eagle called the others over, as the mirror slowly turned into a picture of a pretty gold mare. She had a sweet smile on her face, as well as a High Mages gown on. As the others came over, she started to speak.

"Good day, Keepers of Harmony. And Dad," She started, getting a grunt of acknowledgement from Steel. "My name is Gold Ingot. As some of you may know, I'm the head Battle Mage, as well as the Head of The Recon Corps. I've been assigned as your operator for the time being."

Eagle smiled to himself, watching as the golden colored unicorn levitated out a book, her magic surrounding it.

"We found a few things in the findings inside the Library, and Starswirl's tower. First of all, the dark magic he was investigating is, in fact, that of the same many of you battled at Dragost last year. Nasty stuff, capable of turning the purest soul into a monstrous demon. Anyways, Celestia has checked with the scholars in our library. Recently sent off a shipment of books to the Crystal Empire about such magic. Apparently, Sombra has been keen to increase his power," Gold continued, flipping through pages. "I would suggest checking around, though. Have the pegasi search the skies, the unicorns look through the library, and have the two strongest secure the grounds. Hopefully, Starswirl is still around, and hasn't went off once more."

"Thank you, Captain. The information is much appreciated," Eagle said, bowing. Gold returned the gesture, before the mirror's fake reflection dissapeared.

"We don't have to follow her direct orders, but she's got a pretty good idea down. Do what you want, but our strategy should remain along the same lines as Gold said," Eagle said, before putting up his cowl.

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 19:58

As Night Vera repeated for what must have been the 5th time how to properly address royalty, Needle couldn’t help but roll her eyes. She had been born and bred to do this for the vast majority of her life. She knew all this, knew it better than Vera too. She decided not to mention the very subtle difference between Canterlot and Crystal Empire customs, as well as how Rhuno’s very presence in Sombra’s royal court would probably insult the crotchety stallion more than anything Rhuno could say or do. Vera then began to run through how to address Ladies and Lords of the court, if they should need to talked to. Needle suppressed a laugh. No one in this group ever talked to her like that, and she was most definitely still a lady last time she checked. Then again, if anyone did treat her like a defenceless high born mare, she would certainly not be pleased with them. The lesson drew to a close just as the Crystal Empire appeared on the horizon, it’s central spire shining fiercely in the sunlight. Vera forced everyone back below deck before Needle could even ask about flying the remainder of the way. Vera was worried about something, Needle could tell. Was Sombra really that angry? Or was it something else?

The airship touched down with a thump and a scrape. As they exited, Needle could see the ship precariously tied to a rickety platform on the ground. Unlike Canterlot, which was all built high upon a mountainside, the only part of the Crystal Empire that really rise into the air was the central spire. The place was not built for air travel, and their single, poorly built dock clearly reflected that.

Shimmering guards came to escort them, and Needle couldn’t help but gasp at they’re appearance. Their bodies were shiny and angular, and they dazzled in the sun just like the spire did. Needle had never seen ponies quite like it, but she kept her intense curiosity at bay as she followed them to the throne room.

Sombra was a broad, charcoal grey stallion, with a long and thick mane that cascaded down his back. He looked furious, glaring at each of them in turn, finding things to dislike about them. Needle wondered what he would think of her as his steely gaze latched onto her.

He spoke with a deep gruff voice that perfectly matched the anger etched onto his face. As he finished, Needle swore she saw a flash of purple in his eyes, but it disappeared as quickly as it appeared. She shrugged it off as a trick of the light caused by the crystalline surroundings. She turned around as a mare began to speak. She saw the other gathered around a mirror, and within it there was a mage with a gold coat. She spoke of the dark magic that Starswirl sought, as well as Sombra’s interest in it, as well as confirming the origins of it being from the Dragost mountains. Needle groaned. That magic seemed impossible to quell, and despite many risking their lives to fight and destroy it, there were still many more who wanted to capture and contain that power. Needle knew first hand that was impossible. She had felt it inside her head before. No one could control that magic. It just turned you into a puppet for its own malevolent means.

Needle nodded as the mare faded from the mirror. She would be taking to the skies then. As much as she disliked taking orders from someone she did not yet know or respect, that mare had the right idea. Besides, flying beside Wind was always a welcome opportunity. Wind, and Eagle. Needle grimaced. She had been trying to avoid spending any time with Eagle since their talk, which had been fairly easy since he was now all friendly with Steel, but now it was just Wind, Eagle and herself. The most awkward trio ever. Rolling her eyes Needle followed Wind outside with Eagle, and after brief instructions on where to fly and what to look out for, they were in the air.

Needle didn’t have to soar high to get above the buildings. They were generally low buildings, almost rock-like in appearance. The sun would occasionally glare at the perfect angle, right into Needle eyes, making searching rather more difficult, as she had to almost continuously blink back the blinding light. She was looking for anything suspicious, anything at all. But Needle saw nothing out of the ordinary. Life in the Crystal Empire seemed to be perfectly pleasant and normal. She flew closer to the spire, trying to find anything abnormal. Nothing. But then, suddenly, something didn’t look quite right. A building near to the base of the tower, it didn’t shine like the others. It was slight, the crystal was darker and duller. Needle soared closer, reading the sign above the door. It was the library.

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Tue 29 Oct 2013, 12:51

After everyone had finished talking with Gold, Vera took Inysa with her to see if they could pick up any unusual traces of magic or try and locate Starswirl via his magical aura if he was still in the Crystal empire. Vera and Inysa discussed wildly back and forth on what Starswirl's motivations is and how powerful of a mage he actually is, Inysa who's the more trained mage was urging caution in trying to trace Starswirl's magical aura or residue that he's left behind where ever he's used magic. Vera was focusing on trying to find anything worth mentioning, she had decided to go with Gold suggestion and have the pegasi search the kingdom from above while Rhuno and Steel where going around on the ground floor and asking around about Starswirl with the locals.

Wind had wanted to protest to Vera for sending her with Eagle instead of Needle but then again Vera didn't know that her older sister was a filly fooler and Vera was probably trying to get Eagle to strike a fancy in Wind. She was soaring along with Eagle who wasn't much of a conversationalist but they had been in army camp at the same time when they were younger and Wind couldn't help but admire how far both of them had gotten in their military careers.. Eagle had become the equal of a king almost after the battle of Dragost, he was working on uniting all the pegasi tribes under one benevolent rule where as Wind had only managed to become a special commander of a small special forces unit, even her little sister had managed to become a Grand admiral of the Canterlot army.

Wind was just about to open her mouth to try and start a conversation with Eagle when they both spotted Needle in front of a building that looked a bit duller than the other buildings around and they both soared down to her and Wind was again about to open her mouth before Rhuno and Steel came barging around the corner and suddenly Vera and Inysa came running as fast as they could towards them, yelling something about getting away from the door when suddenly a dark force in the shape of a hand burst through the door and pulled everyone but Inysa and Vera in to the library.

Cursing Vera quickly turned to Inysa and asked if she had any ideas on what that thing was.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 30 Oct 2013, 02:31

Rhuno and Steel made there way into the streets, keeping their eyes out for anyone that looked suspicious. They split up to cover more ground.

After a couple minutes of searching, Rhuno spotted a shady unicorn, who ducked into a alleyway. Rhuno followed in quick pursuit.

The unicorn seemed to have caught on to Rhuno and quickened his pace, ducking down alleyway after alleyway. Untill he made a mistake and got stuck between a dead end and a grinning Minotaur.

"So... someone is hiding something... eh?"

Steel walked up behind Rhuno, having followed him through the alleyways.

The unicorn started charging a spell to attack. Rhuno simpley walked up to the unicorn, and picked him up by his horn, silencing the spell, causing the unicorn to panic.

"So... got anything to say?"

The unicorn shut his mouth and shook his head.

"Well then... Steel, any ideas?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Wed 30 Oct 2013, 18:05

Steel stepped forward, his metal facemask hiding his grin.

"Well well well, what do we have here?" Steel said, his heavy metal armor clanking as he walked. "How come you were running from us, friend?"

"A minotaur and a heavily armed pony start to tail you? You would have ran if you were in my shoes," Said the unicorn, dangling.

"Why'd you attack us?" asked Steel walking up to the pony.

"Self defense," Said the pony, causing a giggle out of Steel.

"That was an annihalation spell. Wouldn't have done much to either of us, seeing as how we're both magic resistant, but nice try. A shock spell would have been just as we-" Steel was cut off by a hind hoof into his face mask, striking his nose. The earthpony could smell the blood, before he couldn't breathe out of his nose.

"Rhuno, crush his horn," Steel said. Rhuno gave him a raised eyebrow. "Do it."

Rhuno did so, using his powerful fist to crush the unicorns horn. He screamed in agony, as he fell to the ground, Rhuno no longer having a grip on the pony.

"Why were you running, huh!?" shouted Steel, getting to his hooves. The pony just screamed, kicking at Steel. The pony brought down his powerful front hooves upon the unicorn's face causing blood to splash across the ground.

"WHY?!" shouted Steel. The unicorn got to his hooves, and charged Steel, only to get another hoof to the face. Blood shot across the alley way, before Steel picked up the unicorn with his claws and stared him down.

"Starswirl... demon... library... told me to... get away..." said the pony, before Steel dropped him.

"We need to get to the library. I saw the pegasi flying that way earlier," Steel said, looking at the unicorn. "You get a head start, I'll deal with this asshole,"

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 00:50

Rhuno left Steel behind, charging back out of the alleyways. He had a grim expression on his face.

Why did I crush that poor ponies horn? I mean... I know we needed the information... but still... that poor unicorn...

Rhuno emerged from the alleyways. Steel emerged behind him.

"You didn't do anything rash did you Steel?" Rhuno questioned.

Steel grunted, "No time to waste. We must warn the others." And with that, he galloped off towards the library, Rhuno right next to him. 

They turned a corner to see Needle standing by the front doors, Wind and Eagle swooping in. They all arrived in front of the doors, just as a dark force pulled everyone inside except Vera and Inysa.

Last edited by Derpy on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 18:51; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 02:32

Night Vera and Inysa were walking around in the massive crystal halls of Sombra's castle, they couldn't help but admire the grandeur of it, Canterlot was supposed to be a master piece of in of itself being carved into a mountain and all but here the castle was built entirely out of crystal! Sombra hadn't saved in an inch on luxury either, huge silken banners with the royal crest of the Crysal empire were hanging everywhere, majestic art pieces by the most talented artists hung in the hallways.

They passed a mage who seemed to be in a hurry and asked him quickly if he could tell them where the magic library was. They unicorn stopped and looked a bit nervously at Inysa and Vera before stammering up his answer and quickly hurrying off.

"Odd fellow that one, I wonder what he had such a hurry too." Inysa said.

"Eh, you know how mages are, always in a hurry to somewhere. He was rather nervous about something though.. He stopped when we asked where the magic library was and by his directions I'd say he probably just came from that direction himself.." Vera pointed out.

"I have a bad feeling about this, Vera.. Let me try an-" Inysa stopped mid sentence, her face having gone white. Vera was getting worried.

"What is it, beloved?" She asked Inysa who was still focusing on something, eventually Inysa snapped out of it and faced Vera with a deadly serious look on her face.

"There's a being of demonic origin in the library and I can feel the faint traces of Starswirl's magic on it, I think he summoned it on purpose. We have to warn the others!" Inysa said.

"Can you open a telepathic link to them as you've done with me?" Vera asked and received a shake of her head from Inysa. "Shit, we gotta run then, let's go! No time to waste!" Vera says and starts running toward the library with Inysa on her side.

They arrive in time and begin to start yelling at their friends gathered at the door to get away from it but the winds were cursed and would not carry their words and they watched in horror as their friends where gripped and pulled into the library by a big dark hand. Cursing Vera quickly turned to Inysa and asked if she had any ideas on what that thing was now that they'd caught a glimpse of it.

"I can't say for sure but it's not something from our world that I can say for sure, we'll need to work together if we're to defeat it, it can't be harmed by mortal means. Only magic can harm it when it's in it's true form." Inysa explained to Vera who nodded and they both ran into the library after their friends.

When they got in they were greeted by a big mess, books and parchments lying scattered everywhere, book cases that had been cracked in half and that's when they saw Rhuno lying under a massive book case over him. Looking around a bit more they spotted Wind who was hanging in a statue of Sombra, Steel was hanging in the massive golden chandelier about 5 stories up from the ground floor, Needle had been lucky and had only gotten her legs stuck under a small book case right behind Vera and Inysa.

Suddenly a dark figure stormed at Inysa and Vera but it hit a shield of magic that burned it, it hissed at them angrily before trying to throw a large stone head at them but it simply bounced off the shield that Vera and Inysa were maintaining around them and stretching far enough for Needle to be safe, the demon was getting angrier as time went on and it had begun circling the shield examining it for any weakness it could exploit. After a few minutes they heard Needle groaning behind them and Vera turned her head to Needle.

"Needle, you alright? Look there's no time to tell you what's going on but there's a demon in this room and it's angry, at the moment it's focusing on me and Inysa. We should be able to keep it occupied while you check on the others and get them out of here, we're gonna send this bastard back to the hell it came from!" Vera yelled at Needle.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 17:57

Needle pulled her leg out from under a small bookshelf. Her face was wet with blood pouring from her forehead and she felt dizzy and naseuos. All she could remember since landing outside the library was darkness and pain. He vision focused slowly. Firstly she saw Vera, then Inysa, then a black wall. Her eyes travelled upward. Not a wall, a beast of tremendous size, darker than black, thrashing itself around.

Needle hobbled up to Vera

“...send this bastard back to the hell it came from!"

Needle nodded at Vera’s orders, trying to find the strength in her wings to fly. She found it at last, and managed to flutter up onto a high bookshelf. She found Wind, Steel and Rhuno, no sign or Eagle though. Maybe he was still safe outside. Needle’s brain worked painfully slowly, she couldn’t hope to shift Rhuno alone, and whilst Steel might just be in her ability to carry, he could not fly, any mistake and he would fall to his death. She turned her head to Wind. With her they could move Steel, and all three of them could help Rhuno.

She took off toward Wind, who laid upon the back of a statue of Sombra. Needle landed by her and shook her gently. She was conscious, but dazed. Her coat was covered in sweat and dust from the thousands of books being flung into the air. Wind groaned and turned to face Needle. She was about to open her mouth when Needle shouted ‘Wind, listen to me, can you fly? We need to get to Steel.” Needle pointed to stallion who was regaining consciousness up in the chandelier. Wind nodded slightly, then clambered precariously to her feet. The pair took off, dodging books poorly. Several smacked Needle in the chest, but none with enough force to hurt her.

Within a few seconds they were hovering by Steel, who clung to the metal bars of the chandelier and stayed perfectly still. Dust rained down up them as the chandelier groaned under the weight of him, coming lose from the ceiling. Needle shouted a quick and concise plan to the both of them, each passing second the fog from her mind cleared. She reached out to Steel, Wind doing the same. Then, Steel leapt from his position, landing upon the two pegasi, who beat their wings furiously to stay aloft. The chandelier gave way at last, coming loose from the ceiling and crashing to the floor below. Needle directed Wind toward a spot near were Rhuno lay, and the trio made their way down. They placed Steel upon the ground, who stumbled as his feet found solid ground again.

Rhuno was still and quiet beside them, but breathing, albeit shallow under the weight of the massive book shelf. Without saying a word, Steel ducked underneath a crevice in the shelf, taking as much weight as he could onto his shoulders. With a groan, he lifted. The shelf seemed to ignore his efforts. He strained and lifted until slowly, the shelf was lifted off of Rhuno’s body. Needle and Wind grabbed him by the arms and pulled. He came free easily. Steel grunted and with a shout and display of strength that Needle had not seen in any pony before. He threw the shelf off his back and jumped free of it before it came crashing down in a shower of paper and wood.

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 17:29

Night Vera could see in the corner of her eye that Needle got up on her feet and hurried off to help the others escape while she and Inysa took care of the demon. Turning her attention back towards where the demon had been she found it to be nowhere to be seen, that is until she felt a really strong hit against the magic shield. The demon was using all it's might to pound on the shield trying to crack it. Slowly but surely both Vera and Inysa were struggling to keep the shield up and one of them had to focus on the spell to open the rift it came from and send it back to it's own world but if one of them let go on their focus on the shield the demon would surely break it..

"Inysa?!" Vera called out.

"mmhm?" Inysa answered through clenched teeth as she was focusing as hard as she could too keep the demon from cracking the shield.

"How fast can you cast the spell to open the rift and send the demon back to the hell it came from if we let the shield drop?" Vera quickly asked.

Calculations were running through Inysa's mind as she was counting how long she'd need to cast the spell after dropping the shield, she came up with needing at least 15 seconds at minimum, 30 seconds preferably.

"I need at the very least 15 seconds, 30 if we want to be entirely sure the spell will work." She responded after a moment of silence.

Night Vera nodded and said: "We'll drop the shield and I'll teleport us to the top ledge of the library, it'll buy us at least 5-10 seconds before the demon finds us again and I'm counting on another 10-15 seconds maybe 20 max before it reaches us."

"But.." Inysa began "You're not as strong with magic as I am, such a teleport will drain your energies a lot, it could be fatal or at the very least crack your horn from overextending yourself.. I don't want you to die.." She finished and looked at Vera with those same affectionate eyes that Vera had fallen in love with back at the inn a year ago.

"It's a risk we'll have to take, if we don't do it the demon will over power us and kill us and then no one can stop Starswirl from doing whatever he is after, trust me, trust me like you did back in the inn a year ago when we fell in love and we will come out of this alive." Vera said and looked into Inysa's eyes, awaiting the answer she already knew Inysa would come with.

Inysa nodded and started shifting focus to the spell so she would gain a few seconds head start before the teleport, a few moments later the shield dropped and she shifted toward focusing fully on the spell when a flash of purple enveloped them and they stood on the top ledge of the library. Vera collapsed on the ground, teleporting two ponies was no easy feat for someone not used too using magic a lot.

The demon below was left in confusion for a few seconds as it was trying to piece together where it's prey had gone, it felt a strong magical aura that continued to grow stronger and when the demon realized what the aura was trying to achieve and it raced toward the source in panic. Just as it reached Inysa and Vera a rift opened up behind it and sucked it back from where it had come, Inysa let out a sigh of relief and laid down next to Vera who was just fine, just as she had said the would. Their love and trust for one another had conquered the darkness and Inysa couldn't help but giggle at how Vera looked right now, she gave Vera a light kiss on the nuzzle before they both got up and walked down the stairs to where the others were now gathered.

Vera looked around at the library that was completely wrecked, presumably from the demon going loose in there for who knows how long. She looked back at her friends but noticed someone was missing, Eagle wasn't around and no one seemed to have noticed where he went.

"Wait.. Where's Eagle? Has anyone seen Eagle? Everyone look around the library for Eagle, he can't be too far away." Vera ordered and everyone went off to search every nook and cranny for Eagle.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 19:50

The group split up to look for Eagle a midst the ravaged bookcases and floors of the library. Rhuno was still winded from the 3 story tall bookcase that had fallen on him. He could not help but think about the hellish thing that they had faced. He could not remember much of what happened when they got pulled in, but he had the image of the demon burned into his memory. The black figure... the claws... the fangs... the soulless eyes...

What the hell was that thing? How is that even possible!? I mean I know magic can do crazy things... but pulling things from other dimensions!? Shit... and to think... this isn't the last we have heard of Starswirl... I really hope we do not run into another one of those things... not being able to use magic against a being immune to anything physical... jeez...

Rhuno was interrupted from his thoughts when he came across a window that was broken open, from the inside out. He looked out to see Eagle outside, badly injured, a amber colored crystal pony tending to his wounds whilst a crowd gathered around them.

"GUYS! I FOUND HIM! OUTSIDE! EAST SIDE OF THE BUILDING!" Rhuno yelled out loud, for the others to hear.

The group made there way out and around to the east side of the Library. There, they found Eagle, sprawled out, wings broken and body covered in scratches. The amber colored crystal pony looked up to quickly to see the group standing around him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Mon 04 Nov 2013, 13:53

Eagle's heavy wings beat as he soared around the massive creature, Eagle's twirling blade attacks doing nothing. The creature was unusual, and any attacks didn't have any effect on it. Eagle was having hard enough time dodging any attacks the creature threw at him, let alone attacking at the same time.

Suddenly, Eagle was thrown off his course, the massive creature knocking him towards a window. Eagle did his best to stabilize with his wings, spreading them out to brake his unfortunate free flight, but to no end. His wings cracked upon the walls as he was flown out the window. His wings instantly broke as he went flying, blood shooting out of his multiple wounds as he torpedoed towards the ground. He smashed down, scraping fur and skin off of his wounded body. He gargled for a moment, before passing out from sheer pain.

-----

"Eagle, wake up."

Eagle's eyes shot open, his whole body aching with pain. He stared up into the eyes of Vera, Wind, Needle, Inysa, and Rhuno, as well as an amber crystal pony whom he didn't know.

Then his vision morphed.

The sky turned black, edges lined with red. He saw the faces of the ponies replaced with his brothers, his father, his mother, and his sister. Their eyes were black, their smiles deep and disturbing. Laughter came from them, and Eagle started to scream. Was this the hell that awaited him in the afterlife?

------

The ponies looked down upon Eagle, his eyes inky black. Everypony except Wind and Steel had seen this before, and it was not pretty to be around. He blinked, and his eyes were the regular rose color again. He groaned loudly, and sat up, blood running down his white coat.

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Mon 04 Nov 2013, 21:18

Balm pulled the last leather strap tightly closed on his saddle bag, and then hoisted it onto his back. It was heavy, and clinked as he walked. It was full to the brim with potion ingredients and bottles. The supplies would last him a month at least, with some to spare in helping the new church recruits. His coat shone with a orangey glow as he contentedly trotted down the main street. He thought to himself he might try and catch a glimpse of the airship that had landed in the city earlier in the day. No one in the Crystal Empire was much used to flying, so seeing a contraption that could make even earth ponies soar excited him deeply. That, and to see the Princesses Elite. Those hoof picked by the mares of the moon and sun to fight on their behalf. Maybe, he thought to himself, he could convince one of them to take a gift back to the Princesses. He didn’t have much, but it would be the biggest blessing he could ever hope to receive.

He heard a roar rip through the streets and he snapped out of his day dream. Ponies were back up against one side of the street, staring and pointing at the building opposite. The central library was in turmoil. Cracks ran down its crystal exterior and dark shadows flashed in the windows. And that roar. It was deep and ethereal, quite unlike any creature he had come across before.

A crash sounded from a high window. Glass and blood rained down up the floor below as a pony fell to the ground. Bloody feathers followed him, floating down gracefully around him. Balm gasped and jumped back. A mare next to him screamed. Another roar erupted from the library. Balm felt frozen to the spot as the bloody pony barely moved. He was covered in cuts and his wings were a tangled mess of feather and bone. The mare screamed again and Balm snapped out of it. He rushed toward the fallen pony, pulling the clasps off his bag.

He only had a few healing potions left, and the ingridients he had on him, whilst they would help, would be much less effective that if they were mixed properly. But he needed equipment for that, and time, neither of which he had. He pulled the stopper off a small vial full of a pink liuid and dripped it over some of his smaller cuts. They fizzed and stopping bleeding as vigourously. They would now heal at an accelerated pace. Not instantly, but they would be nothing but scars by tomorrow morning. Next he uncorked a sea blue potion, a pleasent scent of lemons wafting toward his nose. He shoved the opening into the ponies mouth, tilting his head back and holding back his feeble struggles.

“Shhh” he said, cradling the much larger stallion like a foal “this will stop the pain for now”. The stallion stopped fighting back and calmed down, slipping away into unconsciousness. Balm grimaced and looked at the wings. He had no experience with wings. Very few pegasus ponies had ever come to the Crystal Empire and certainly none that ever needed such a high level of medical attention. All he had was book knowledge. He knew that wing bones were lighter and more fragile than regular bones. They broke more easily and healed more quickly, but you had to set them right otherwise the pony would never fly again.

He set to work pulling shards of glass out of his wing, pouring on another potion to help with minor cuts and to clean away to blood and mess.

The left wing was still intact and most of the skin was unbroken. The wing bent at a sickly angle, but otherwise it didn’t look too different from a broken leg. The right wing however was a mess, blood continued to pump out and shards of bone stuck out of the skin in several places. Balm had only a couple of potions left now. He used some hoof heather to help staunch the bleeding on the right wing and managed to fashion a rudimentary splint for the left wing, which was now back to a more normal looking shape.
He straightened out the right wing, some of the bones pulling back under the skin. He didn’t have any surgical equipment on him, so he used his ingredient knife to cut along the wing in places and force the bones back into their correct places. He used a thick brown potion on the places where the bones joined to fuse them together temporarily. He pushed the skin together and used the rest of the potion to fuse the skin together, which he finally bathed in his last potion, a sea blue one, which stopped the bleeding and accelerated healing. He sat back. The pony was very weak, and Balm had done all he could. He slowly zoned back into the world again, and noticed a strange group of ponies stood around him. Pegasi, unicorns, a non-crystal earth pony, and a minotaur.

Balm jumped back as he saw the minotaur, then caught himself. These must be the chosen elite, those fighting for the Princesses. He clambered to his hooves and bowed low to them.

“I did all I could for him. He will live, any more than that I can not say”

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum