Ancient Equestria Arc 2: Starswirl's betrayal.

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ancient Equestria Arc 2: Starswirl's betrayal.

Post by Cloudchaser on Mon 04 Nov 2013, 22:56

“I did all I could for him. He will live, any more than that I can not say” The amber coloured pony tending to Eagle's wounds said.

Night Vera nodded at him, she was a bit taken back that a stranger had willingly helped a complete stranger. "We'll take him back to our airship where he can rest properly. Rhuno I want you too carry Eagle back, you're the strongest of us all so carrying him should be no trouble for you. Needle and Wind you two fly ahead and alert the captain that we'll be departing as soon as get back on board." Vera wasn't able to continue before Inysa poked at her and motioned that she wanted to say something in private.

"I'll be back in a moment, don't go anywhere just yet." Vera said and walked out of hearing range with Inysa.

"Vera, do you have any idea of what that was?!" She hisses through clenched teeth, obviously trying to keep back her rage.

"It was not of our world, that much I could tell. If you have something on your mind say it but don't let your rage get the better of you." Vera responds.

Inysa takes a deep breath and calms down a bit before speaking with her normal sweet tone: "It was a demon, a weak one, thank Celestia for that. Had it been any of the stronger demons we would not be standing here now.. Vera, I'm concerned that Sombra is hiding something, he's clearly a powerful unicorn himself and should've felt it's presence and with so many mages around here he could've easily banished it.."

"Hmm, we'll have to pay him a visit before we leave then, I trust in your wisdom and experience with magic." Vera says with worry in her voice.

"I knew you'd listen, it seems I have made a good choice in choosing my life mate. I'll come to your chambers tonight but for now we should go back to the others." Inysa says and receives a nod from Vera as they turn and walk back to the others.

"Me and Vera have some unfinished business with Sombra, you others go ahead and go to the airship and prepare to leave." Vera turned to the amber coloured crystal pony who was still standing there.

"We could have a use for someone with your skills, if you want to serve the greater good of Equestria and serve alongside some of the most honourable heroes of our time then meet us on our airship. We're on an important mission that will determine the fate of our entire world, if you decide to join us you'll be briefed on our mission fully on the airship. It's all volunteer service as well, it will be dangerous and I can't guarantee anyone of us will come back alive or live long enough to marry, settle down and start a family. I'll see you on the airship if you decide to join our mission otherwise I wish you a long and prosperous life and hope you find a special somepony to settle down with and thanks again for healing our friend. " Vera says to the amber coloured pony and turns away to walk with Inysa to King Sombra's throne room where he would most likely be.

Wind nodded at her sister, acknowledging her and then took off together with Needle to alert the Captain that they intend on leaving as soon as Vera and Inysa comes back on board. After a quick flight they reached the ship, Wind told Needle to go and alert the Chief engineer while she goes and alerts the Captain.

"Ah, Wind Catcher I believe it was, right?" Red Wind says as she sees Wind comes through the door to the bridge office.

"Yes, that is correct. Night Vera, the leader of our group wanted you too know that she wishes to leave as soon as gets on board, she and Inysa have some unfinished business with Sombra." Wind Catcher says.

"Is that so? Well while you were gone, Canterlot got word of sightings of Starswirl in Saddle Arabia. He's poking around the catacombs and other dark places trying to find magical artefacts that may have been buried with the rulers of old." Red Wind passes the news onto Wind Catcher who just sighs and says they can't take off until Vera and Inysa are on board and it'll probably be good to brief the rest of the group once everyone's aboard instead of repeating the same thing individually. Red Wind nods in agreement and goes to prepare her crew for take off.

Meanwhile Vera and Inysa are arriving outside the doors of King Sombra's throne room, the guards raise their weapons at them and yells "HALT!" at them but at this point Vera and Inysa could care less about what some puny guards would or would not dare do against two war heroes, one of them being a master rogue. They simply knock the guards into the wall with their magic and knocking them unconscious before entering the throne room.

"WHAT?! WHO DARES?!" King Sombra begins and as he sees Vera and Inysa he slumps back in his throne and sighs. "I assume you are here on the matter of the demon in the library that has now been sent back to it's own world?"

"Yes! You clearly know about it so why have you yourself not done anything about it?" Vera raises her voice slightly at Sombra and glares angrily at him.

"pfwah!" He says and waves away Vera's question with a hoof. "Such things are not worthy to be dealt with by a King. I had counted on my mages being able to deal with it but it seems they either did not dare or failed. Congratulations I suppose are in order for you for banishing it, I'll make sure to send a thank you letter to Prin-" He was cut off by Inysa who had stepped forth from behind Vera.

"Your cowardice sickens me, that demon overpowered and almost killed our friends, had it been let loose in the city it would have killed hundreds if not thousands of innocents! You sit here and claim that you're a "king" but all I see a unicorn who's hungry for power, a unicorn who has no friends and has never known the magic of friendship. You will never know what it's like to be loved and return that love to someone, why do you think Luna and Celestia are so beloved rulers? Because they care about their subjects! That's why, you clearly do not. You only seek personal ambition and power and Starswirl was here and offered you just that and you took up on his offer, didn't you?" Inysa who usually was the shy one had finally snapped and was yelling at Sombra who was looking a bit pale by now, her words had clearly hit the nail.

"How dare you speak to a monarch like that?! I should punish you for your insolence! Yes, I took up Starswirl's offer in letting him have full access to my personal magic library and in return he would grant me power beyond my imagination when returns from his trips to Saddle Arabia and wherever else he may roam! Now begone from my sight and never return to my kingdom!" King Sombra pointed a hoof at the door and the anger in his voice made Vera and Inysa think it's best to leave him be, the last thing they wanted is a magic duel with someone with so much power.

They turned and walked toward the doors and just as they reached them, Inysa turned back and said in a low tone: "You will atone for your sins one day, Sombra. The darkness in your heart will overpower you and that when you will have to face the consequences of your actions.." She turned back to the exit and walked to the airship with Vera, none of them uttering a single word. Upon reaching the airship Vera could see the rest of their friends were up on deck and waiting for them while crew ponies ran back and forth making the final preparations for the journey ahead.

As they reached the group they saw that Captain Red Wind was with them and when they asked if something was wrong Red Wind took the opportunity to brief everyone but before she could do so an familiar figure turned up, the amber coloured pony from before was hurrying towards them hoping that he wasn't too late.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 07 Nov 2013, 13:15

The group headed back to the Airship, while Vera and Inysa went to speak with Sombra. Wind and Needle flew ahead, Rhuno and Steel walking all the way back, Eagle cradled in Rhuno's arms. 

When the two made it back to the ship, Rhuno and Steel made there way to the med bay, where they left Eagle to the tending of the on board medics. Steel just sat next to Eagle's bedside. 

"He will be fine. Tough nut there." Rhuno said as he patted Steel on the shoulder.

Wind poked her head through the medbay door. 

"Hey guys, meet up on the deck, Red Wind has a brief for us."

The group cept Eagle all met on the deck, Inysa and Vera showing up as well from there detour, and all were briefed of the Starswirl situation in Saddle Arabia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Thu 07 Nov 2013, 17:38

Balm gaped, dumbfounded as the unicorn talked to him. The Princesses Champion was addressing him directly. He nodded as he took in her words. Go with them? They couldn’t be serious. Balm was just a simple healer who had never been in a fight in his life. He found it abhorrent when a potion recipe called for pieces from a living creature, even when it was already dead. He could certainly never kill anything. He gulped as the group quickly dispersed, the Minotaur carefully lifting the bloody pony as easily as one would a kitten. He found himself still sat in a pile of blood and broken glass for some time, mulling over the offer. He only moved when ponies who had not seen the commotion in the library started to appear, muttering loudly to each other. Balm quickly packed his bag and made it back to the rectory.

The rectory where Balm lived was a large, yet modest building, that housed every member of the church, from the youngest initiates, to the grand priest and priestess themselves. Balm’s quarters were situated on the ground floor, near to the hospital wing. He kept his head down and hurried quickly through the building. It was early afternoon and most ponies would be out on errands for the Church, or performing other duties they were assigned, so he did not encounter anyone who would question him about his ragged, blood stained appearance.

He turned the corner into a corridor lined with 3 doors on each side, and one at the far end. He was nearly there. He could wash up and think without the stench of blood clouding his mind. He was about to push his door open when the door at the far end swung open, and a tall, raspberry colured pony exited.

“Balm!” He said cheerly “how were your errands this morning? Get everything you.....”

He fell silent and a slightly concerned look fell across his face.

“Balm, tell me what happened” he said seriously, though not unkindly.

Balm sighed, a grimace appearing on his face. Technically he had not passed any formal medical training yet. He knew potions like the back of his hoof, and had been training to be a healer for almost 2 decades, but he never seemed to be able to pass the examinations set for him. Nerves would always get the better of him.

“There was a...commotion in town today. It was to do with the Princesses chosen ones” He said, staring up at his superiors unchanging expression. Balm took his silence as a cue to continue. “One of them had been injured, really badly, both of his wings were broken, if I hadn’t helped, he would have died. I was there, and I had potions on me and...”

The other pony lifted his hoof “Balm, you know you shouldn’t have done that” Balm opened his mouth to speak again, but was cut off “You should have returned here straight away, or sent another pony whilst you checked his vitals and prepared any potions you could for when a healer got there. For all we know, you did more damage to him than help. That guilt will have to sit with you now”

Balm smacked his hooves on the hard floor. “He would have died if I didn’t help there and then. He was losing so much blood and...”

“And you should have used a blood stopper potion on his wounds and waited. You have almost no experience fixing broken bones, let alone wings. You had better hope that he makes a full recovery and is better than before, if he isn’t, you know who is to blame” the pony smiled gently at Balm. “Oh my dear pony, do not fret. Repent and meditate on your transgressions and pray that forgiveness is in your future. There is still so much for you to learn.”

And with that, he walked away. Balm slunk into his room and slammed the door, empty potion bottles rattling on shelves. He threw off his saddlebags and jumped onto the bed, smashing his pillows with his hooves, silently screaming. He inhaled deeply, and still full of rage and emotion he made his way to a small shrine in one corner, with a sun and a moon carved into wood, a small candle lit at the base. The flame had to be kept every burning, as it symbolised the pony’s dedication to their church and the Princesses. Balm lit a fresh candle from the flame of the old one, and replaced it, placing one hoof over his heart, asking over and over in his head for patience, understanding and guidance. He could make a difference somewhere, to somepony, more than he was doing now. He was capable, more than capable; he just needed to prove it.
Suddenly, the candle light blazed before, becoming a roaring fire that melted the wax away almost instantly. It rose, a shape slowly becoming discernible in the flame. It became a sun, burning bright and hot in front of Balm’s face. He looked down. The melted wax had form the shape of a white, perfect crescent moon. Balm jumped back, the heat from the flame so intense. He tripped, falling backwards into his bed, smacking his head on the wood. He blinked in pain. Suddenly as they had appeared, the sun and moon were gone, replaced instead by a single candle. Balm blinked a few times, trying to will the vision back into existence, to no avail.

Balm picked himself up, he wasn’t sure exactly what the vision meant, but he knew that he would never find out staying here. He had to go.

Balm packed quickly, most of his ingredients already in his saddlebags. He packed his potion making equipment, bottling what he had brewing and leaving it on the desk. He also packed as many empty bottles and vials and he could manage, a travelling cloak, and a few other amenities. He toyed with the small medallion on a gold chain that he always wore, bearing the mark of the sun and moon. He decided to leave it on. He wasn’t abandoning his faith after all, just his home.

With everything secured, he left the last potion bottle, filled with a sunshine yellow liquid, and a short note.

‘If you need to talk to me, use this, otherwise let me learn my own way’

He departed from his room and moved quickly. The rectory was busier now, and a few ponies greeted Balm, but he walked on without a word, keeping his head down. He wasn’t bothered as he left the building and made his way through the city, making his way closer to the spire, where the airship was tethered. He approached the ship, noticing two guards at the entrance. He was about to muster the courage to speak to them, when the simply gestured for him to go inside, which he did, without hesitation, full of wonder

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Thu 07 Nov 2013, 19:23

After everyone had been briefed by Red Wind on the current whereabouts on Starswirl. The airship took off, leaving the crystal empire and it's so called "king" behind them, Vera would make sure to note in her report to the Princesses that Sombra is someone they need to keep an eye on. They all enjoyed a quick dinner together before they retreated to their rooms, today's events had drained them all quite heavily, especially Night Vera and Inysa who had used up most of their energy in banishing the demon. Vera looked out the window of her cabin and saw the sun settling down behind them, Luna was just starting to bring forth the night sky and the moon, for normal ponies it would seem normal but Vera knew better. Inysa knocked on Vera's cabin door and was told to come in, to her pleasure she saw her mate smile as she came in, they had been apart for too long but now both of them longed for each other's presence again.

"I'm glad you came." Vera says and lifts Inysa's chin up and gives her a kiss. "We've been too busy to enjoy each other's company for so long but tonight we yet have time to do so."

"Indeed we do and I want to cherish every moment of it, my heart belongs to you, Vera and I know you love me equally." Inysa says and starts walking over to Vera's bed teasing her with her tail as she turns around. Vera follows after her shortly and lays down in the bed together with Inysa and both of them end up spending the night with each other, making love all night long.

Wind left the dinner table and said she'd go and spend a little time in the dojo before going to bed, she felt she needed a little bit of sparring against the dummies to ease her mind after having almost been killed by a demon earlier in the day. She started thinking of Needle, Maelstrom and how close she had gotten to bearing Maelstrom's foal when they were younger, she hadn't been ready to become a mother back then but now when she had almost been killed twice in action it all started coming back to her. Would she live to find a mate? Would she ever live to see the day when she had someone to say "l love you" too? Foals? Would she ever see her child play with other children or would she die young and alone?

Wind began to bash the dummies harder and faster until she got interrupted by a familiar voice from a mare she admired a lot.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Thu 07 Nov 2013, 20:01

Eagle's eyes shot wide open, bloodshot and twitching. He sat up, feeling his body for wounds.

There were none.

Even his wings, while stiff and bruised, were no longer broken. His mouth tasted vaguely of blood, and Eagle knew exactly what happened.

"Curse Faust... I thought I had left this behind..." Eagle said, standing up. Suddenly, there was movement in the corner of his room. Out came a shimmering image of Gold, walking towards Eagle.

"Good evening. Did you have a nice rest?" asked the mirage, smiling.

"How the hell do you keep on popping up everywhere? It's kinda scary," Eagle said, getting a giggle from Gold.

"So, you guys are heading to Saddle Arabia?" asked Gold. Eagle shrugged, grabbing his gear.

"I wouldn't know. I've been passed out for the past couple hours." Eagle grabbed his dual swords, and sliced the air quickly with them. Gold smiled sweetly at the pony, as he sheathed his blades. "That would mean we'd be passing Mothercloud on the way."

"Ah yes, things are running smoothly there. Just would have liked you to know," Gold said, smiling. Eagle nodded, attaching the last of his armor to his body.

"Thank you, Gold, for all your help," Eagle said, before having Gold blush again.

"I must go, sir. I must go to my studies," Gold said. Eagle waved a hoof.

"As you were, Captain."

Gold dissapeared, as Eagle left his cabin, to come face to face with the amber crystal pony whom had saved him. Eagle didn't catch his name, but he was eternally grateful for what he had done.

"Well, I see the rest of the crew offered to let you tag along with us, eh?" Eagle said, smiling. "I'm Eagle. Thanks for saving my sorry flank back there. I appreciate it."

"I'm Balm, no problem," the pony said smiling, before continueing on towards his previous destination. Eagle simply lingered on the edge of the airship looking into the night air.

He had a whole new world of problems now.

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Fri 08 Nov 2013, 21:17

Balm pressed his face against the window, open mouthed as clouds whipped past, water streaking down the glass. He felt sick and exhilarated and wonderful. Is this what flying was like? Balm had already experienced something impossible and wonderful and barely an hour had passed. The rest of the ponies on the ship didn’t seem to be even slightly phased by the fact they were flying. There was nothing but air below them. Balm suddenly felt quite queasy at that thought. He grabbed some milk thistle from his bag and chewed it to ease his stomach. He paused, and then quickly started a small brew for travel sickness. He knew he would need it.

He pressed his medallion against his chest, the Princesses had been looking out for him today. He had seen the pony known as Eagle earlier. He was alright, better than alright. And now Balm was here, starting an adventure, with a group of ponies that knew the Princesses, they had met Luna and Celestia. He was more blessed than any other member of his church. Balm decided he would make special potions for each of his new comrades. He would need to watch them, and listen to them, to find out not just what they needed, but wanted too.

Needle made her way back to her room, munching on an apple she had grabbed form the kitchens. She passed a room she had not noticed before, and heard strange exasperated grunts coming from within. She pushed to door open quietly, and saw Wind sparring against wooden test dummies. Needle watched her in silence, admiring her agility and strength and she landed blow after blow, occasionally making a loud noise of exertion.

“With all that noise you are making, I would you were thinking about me” Needle said, grinning. Despite the events of the day, she was happy, ecstatically so. Everyone was alive, and they were headed off on another adventure to a far away land.

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Fri 08 Nov 2013, 21:53

Wind stopped in mid air as she heard Needle's comment, her cheeks started blushing a little as she hadn't expected Needle to find her in the middle of her sparring. Hovering in mid air she looked at Needle and gave her a happy smile before she responded to her comment.

"Heh, well, truth be told I was partly thinking of you and some typical mare stuff I suppose, I've almost gotten myself killed twice now. I'm getting sloppy and if I want to have a good shot at coming back from our adventures alive and eventually settling down and having a child then I need to step up my game."

Wind Catcher walked over to a towel rack beside Needle and started to wipe the sweat off of her body, she messed up her mane and tail a bit so her mane was hanging down over her shoulders and her tail was having strands of hair sticking out in every direction. She took a quick peek of herself in the wall mirrors that were in the dojo for training purposes.

"Ah, damn. My mane and tail are really messed up and I smell like shit, I could use a shower before bed. You heading to bed now, Needle or are you going to join me in the shower?" Wind asked and winked teasingly at Needle.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Fri 08 Nov 2013, 22:04

Needle grinned widely, her wings springing up as she imagined Wind’s wet, warm body...

She snapped out of it, and replied as cooly as she could ‘I guess I can fit it into my busy schedule”

Wind grinned back at her, and walked toward the dojo shower, her rump swaying a little more than usual, Needle following close behind, entranced by her rear. Wind climbed into the shower and turned the water on, gesturing for Needle to join her. Needle stepped forward and planted a kiss on her lips, stepping into the hot jet of water pummelling down on the pair of them.

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Fri 08 Nov 2013, 22:28

Wind felt her wet, warm naked body pressed against Needle's body as they were exchanging kisses, exploring the depths of each others mouths. Stopping only to breathe, Wind started moving one of her hooves down over Needle's slender body until she eventually reached her nethers and got a gasp of surprise from Needle. Wind teased her a little bit more but not letting her get close to an orgasm before she turned off the shower and stepped out of it, brushing Needle with her tail and turning to her and saying:

"You're a cute mare, Needle and I really like you. I don't however think the dojo shower is the right place to have some "fun" at, swing by my cabin when everyone's gone to bed if you want too have some proper "fun"" Wind says teasingly before drying herself off and exiting the shower room, leaving Needle behind who had a horny look on her face alone in the shower. Wind decided to wait for Needle to finish up so they could walk back to their cabins together and just as Needle came out and was greeted by Wind, Eagle strode past and stopped when he saw them in the dojo together.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 07:30

Eagle walked into the dojo, intent on practicing his hoof-to-hoof combat skills, when he saw Wind and Needle walking out of the showerroom happily, smiles on their faces. Eagle's chest burned with fire, as he looked the two over. He knew exactly what happened, but had enough courtesy not to ask. It was none of his business, and what Needle did with Wind was completely fine.

Eagle's eyes flashed black as he walked in, his fur and mane obviously darker than they had been. He could feel the lingering eyes of Needle and Wind on him, as he approached one of the self-repairing enchanted dummies, rising on his back legs.

Then, he punched.

His hoof slammed into the dummy with such force, it threw the whole ship off axis. His hoof tore through the dummy, spreading filling all over the room as the dummy practically disintegrated under the force of the large pony's attack. He then drew both of his blades, and slashed furiously at the remaining dummies. The blades sliced completely through, dismembering anything in their way. Eagle sheathed his blades, and turned back.

His eyes flashed black once more, as he back up, waiting for the dummies to regenerate. As soon as they had finished, Eagle launched himself at them, his blades cutting through the air so fast, his blades were invisible to the trained eye. He cut through the dummies as he spun, the dummies dispersing into the air. Eagle stopped for a moment, stopping to breath for a moment.

Suddenly, Steel burst into the dojo, his footsteps heavy. "You're awake!"

"And alive, which is good,"

Steel trotted over to Eagle, passing him a slip of paper. "From the high Canterlot court. You're asked to appear in about 3 days time."

Eagle shook his head, looking at the regenerating dummies. "No way in hell. I'm on a mission. Tell the High Canterlot court they can go fuck themselves. I belong here, and nowhere else,"

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 10 Nov 2013, 04:48

Rhuno had just grabbed some grub from the kitchen after they had returned. He then decided to walk around the ship a bit. Explore it a bit more. During his walk, he passed Needle and Wind walking down the hall, that... lovey look... in their eyes. Rhuno just gave them a quick nod. But before the pair turned the corner, Rhuno quipped back, "Don't have too much fun!" and ducked around the bend. Rhuno then saw Steel run into a room holding some parchment. Rhuno peeked in to see Eagle and Steel conversing in some kind of dojo. 

Steel and Eagle heard a noise and both turned toward the door, seeing an odd sight of Rhuno's eyes and horn peeking from the doorway.

"Sooooo... whatcha doing?" Rhuno asked.

'Nothing of your concern Rhuno." Steel responded.

Steel left the dojo, leaving Rhuno and Eagle there... together... alone... with all the dummies. 

"Sooooo... keeping secrets now are we?" Rhuno looked suspiciously at Eagle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Sun 10 Nov 2013, 21:27

"Only Steel. He feels the need to classify everything," Eagle said, stretching. "I've been summoned to Canterlot, probably on the topic of a military attack. As Ambassador of the Pegasi military, I'm required to join. I'll probably leave in the morning. I'll have to bring Steel with me, as he's part of the Princesses Specialized Guard."

Eagle, looked at the dummies, and sighed. "I expect I'll be missing an important part of our mission. I wish I didn't have to, but you know how the nosebleeds are in Canterlot. Need everyone to cater to their handicaps,"

"I FUCKING HEARD THAT!"

Eagle looked back at the door, seeing Steel standing there. Eagle shrugged, and sighed.

"So, hows things between you and Luna?" asked Eagle, winking.

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 10 Nov 2013, 23:56

"Oh it has been great, she is quite the..." Rhuno began until it hit him. "When did you find out I may or may not be in a relationship with the Princess of the Night!? Nevermind! You know it and nothing can change that..." Rhuno facepalms, then composes himself.

"Well, if there was one thing to say about it, it would be this. Long distance relationships stink. Definitely when that special some pony is the queen of the night and smoking hot. You understand me? Also she got me that funky black armor I've been wearing. She is such a sweet heart."

Rhuno's eyes lit up like hearts and fluttered with the beat of his heart.

Eagle and Rhuno finished there conversation soon after, Eagle needing to get ready for his trip back to Canterlot. Rhuno left the dojo and made his way to the deck to take in the night breeze and the full moon Luna had brought into the sky. He found the amber colored pony, Balm, to be up on the deck taking in the sight as well. Rhuno tip toed up to the new recruit.

"So... enjoying the view, eh?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Thu 14 Nov 2013, 22:15

Balm jumped back as Rhuno spoke. The great creature loomed over him, and Balm felt such a fear that he was sure he would vomit if he had not made himself some anti sickness potion. He eventually nodded slowly. If he did not know that he was a champion of the Princesses, he would have run from him. Not that he could run far in the airship.
He swallowed, trying to speak. “I...am just thinking about how much closer I am to the moon, I thought maybe coming up here would help give me guidance.”

Needle blushed and made her way back to bed, deciding to take a quick nap before going to Wind’s room. When her head hit the pillow however, she immediately fell into a deep sleep.

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 14:25

Wind Catcher returned to her cabin and laid down on her bed, reflecting back on the events of the day and especially the moment she had shared with Needle in the shower. She recalled that her sister had had a very angry look on her face after she came back from talking with Inysa in private, come to think of it, Inysa hadn't looked very glad either.. The two of them had gone off to have one last chat with King Sombra before they left, Wind had no idea about what or why as she'd been unconscious for most of the time during the events in the library. There had been some form of demon in there that much she had gathered at least.. If Starswirl could summon in beings from another world then how was an elite group of fighters, soldiers and mercenaries supposed to stop him? Wind shook away that thought before her doubt got the better of her, surely Vera wouldn't have been sent on this mission in the first place by the Princesses if they didn't believe they could stop Starswirl in time, her thoughts wandered back a year ago to the events at Dragost, her unit had been busy keeping the army of Dragost away from the throne room but she had heard some tales. Mostly drunk soldiers revelling in the victory but they all shared one similar detail, the Princesses alongside a chosen few champions had found the elements of harmony and those champions just so had happened to be the ponies, and Minotaur her mind quickly added as to not leave out Rhuno lest he might be offended, that she is currently travelling with.

Eventually Wind drifted off to sleep, in the morning they would be arriving at the mysterious and notorious land of Saddle Arabia.

The morning came and the bells indicating their arrival at Saddle Arabia rang throughout the ship. Vera started to get up but leaned down to wake up Inysa, remembering the lovely night they had spent together.

"Hey, Inysa, time to wake up. We've arrived in Saddle Arabia, I'm gonna take a quick shower and then you can take one and meet us up on deck after it."

Night Vera got a tired mumble from Inysa who rubbed her eyes to get the sleepiness out of them, she heard the shower turn on and then a short while later off and saw Vera come out of the shower and then getting over to where her gear was hung and started to put it on. While Vera was putting on her gear, Inysa crawled out of bed and got into the shower. Vera called out to Inysa who was in the shower "Don't take too long, I want you up on deck ready to go in 10 minutes!" before exiting her cabin and to Vera's surprise Eagle and Steel had gotten up already.

"Oh? You two are up and at it already?" Came Vera's surprised voice at seeing them being up before her.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 14:36

Eagle nodded, walking over to Night Vera.

"Steel and I are leaving to Canterlot. Important court business. I shall return in three days time, hopefully," Eagle said, nodding to Vera. "I have a meeting with the Griffon Ambassador within our lands. Apparently, hes not very happy with the fact that some of our clouds are slowly floating towards griffon borders."

Steel sighed, looking over at Eagle. "Still not sure why I'm supposed to come."

"You're the only pony I know whose able to restrain a full grown griffon, so you do have to come," Eagle said, before watching a small airship touch down mere yards away from their own.

"I take my leave, Night Vera. May luck guide you in your journey, and may you all stay safe," Eagle said, nodding. "Ut Caelestibus super vos ridere,"

With that, both Eagle and Steel walked off the ship, and embarked on their journey home to Canterlot.

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 18:14

Vera nodded at Eagle and Steel as they left, if Celestia thought that Eagle was needed in negotiations between the pegasi tribes and the Griffon empire then there was little she could do about it. Celestia would of course always listen to her concerns but they were only going to be gone for about 3 days and knowing Eagle, Vera knew he'd much rather be with his friends and helping them on their mission than take care of politics. Vera sighed to herself as Inysa came out the cabin door in a hurry and bumped into Vera's rear, not expecting anyone to be in the way.

"Ooof" Inysa grunted as she crashed into Vera and landed on her bum, looking a little confused on what she had bumped into, she looked up into a pair of violet eyes that she recognized all too well. "I thought I was late but seems as you've not even checked in on the others yet, what's up?"

"Oh, Hi, Inysa. Yes I got distracted by Eagle and Steel, Celestia has called them back to Canterlot for some negotiations with the Griffons, apparently some of the pegasi tribe's clouds are floating a bit too close to their borders and the Griffons are jumping to conclusions just to have an excuse to attack them. Normally I would have contacted Celestia and tried to compromise something but I'm concerned on behalf of Wind as well that if the negotiations don't happen her home could be attacked. Never mind that now, I'm going to check in on the others, tell them to meet us up on deck in 10 minutes, you can go ahead if you want."

Inysa nodded to Vera and made her way to the top deck, meanwhile Vera went around to the other's cabins and knocked on their doors as per her usual way of making sure everyone knew to get up from bed and meet up top in whatever time frame she thought was a decent amount of time for them to take a quick shower and get up on deck. After she had made sure the remaining group members had gotten the message she made her way top side and waited for the others together with Inysa.

The sun was glaring hot, there was barely any wind and they were surrounded by desert and small encampments here and there, a bit ahead the outlines of a large city started to grow. That was their target, Saddle Arabia however was a huge region, one of the larger ones in Equestria and Starswirl could be anywhere, it would take some time to just find any trace of what he's been up too here..

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 16 Nov 2013, 05:41

Balm watched as Rhuno gazed up at the moon. He had a look of longing in his eyes. Deep thought was etched on his face. But it soon left and was replaced with a smile.

"Guidance from the moon you say? The moon is just a big rock. When you meet Luna for the first time, you can ask her for some guidance if you want. I mean, you WILL get to meet her, and Celestia, sometime soon too I reckon.'

Balms eyes widened at this, taking a sharp breath.

'Well... I am off to bed. Enjoy the view Balm. Have any questions about the crew, or myself, feel free to ask, my ears are always open." Rhuno winked as he finished his sentence. 

Rhuno left Balm and headed to his cabin, as always looking forward to his dreams.

Rhuno woke up in the morning to Vera knocking on his door. He got up, and made his way to the top deck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 22:49

Needle groaned and rolled out of bed, pulling on her armour. She doused herself with water, and quickly dried herself with wing power. Now a little more awake, she trotted out of her room. She noticed that Wind’s door was still firmly shut, whereas everyone else was already awake and on the deck. She knocked. No answer. She knocked again. Suddenly the door burst open, revealing a half nude, very angry Wind.
‘I swear Vera, you knock one more time I while shove that hoof so far up your...oh, Needle, I, err, didn’t expect you’ She said, blushing.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Balm felt invigorated. He no longer felt airsick, and despite what the minotaur had said, being closer to the moon had made him feel better, he could feel Luna’s presence around him. He made his way up to the deck, ready to face Celestia’s sun.

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 23:14

Wind woke up from a pleasant dream of flying around the clouds of Equestria together with Needle and exploring all kinds of exciting looking caves and crevices by the sounds of the bells indicating imminent arrival at their next stop. Saddle Arabia, Wind thought to herself, it was some time ago since she had been here.. Last time would have been when she and Maelstrom were still in their late teens, they had been hand picked by Queen Faust's special units commander to serve in a special squad investigating certain rumours of black magic being used in Saddle Arabia.

Wind went on to climb into the shower, she knew Vera was probably gonna come knocking on the door any minute to make sure she woke up but something had delayed her sister it would seem. Just as Wind turned pulled the string to let the warm water flood down on her she heard a knock and someone that sounded like her sister yelling at her to get up and be ready to be at the top deck in 10 minutes. Wind ignored it as she was too busy starting to enjoy the hot water flowing down on her, she hadn't realized how much she'd been sweating during the night since they had been flying over a desert and air condition in the non-captain cabins where all but a small vent to filter in fresh air.

Wind lost track of time as she enjoyed the warm shower, she awoke from her daydreaming when she heard another knock on the door, sighing to herself she guessed it was probably her sister coming to yell at her for being slow and that everyone was waiting on her. Wind put on a towel to cover her wet fur so she wouldn't catch a cold before being able to properly dry herself, she wasn't a unicorn so she couldn't magically dry herself.

About the time when Wind reached the door there came another knock, Wind started to grow a bit annoyed at her sisters impatience and opened the door in a haste yelling at who she expected to be Vera "I swear Vera, you knock one more time I while shove that hoof so far up your...oh, Needle, I, err, didn’t expect you" She said, blushing.

Wind thought she had made a complete idiot of herself yelling at Needle like that, hopefully she wouldn't notice how red her face got from the embarrassment of realizing she had yelled at the mare she had very strong feelings for. "Uh.. Did you want anything, Needle? Sorry for bursting out like that.. I was expecting Vera to be the one knocking, I kinda lost track of time in the shower." She said to Needle who was looking at her with a rather humorous look on her face.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 23:43

Needle giggled, seeing Wind flustered.

"I was just wondering why you weren't ready yet" She grinned. "I'll just meet you up on deck.

Needle made her way up to the deck. The sun was hot and the air was still. A few minutes later, Wind appeared by her side.

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Wed 20 Nov 2013, 20:13

Everyone was now gathered on the top deck and Vera was briefing everyone on the whereabouts of Steel and Eagle and why there they were gone and when they would be expected back. Suddenly the lookout yelled down from his post "Unknown guards incoming!"

Vera looks up at him with a confused look and then tries to spot the guards that are on their way but her eyes aren't as sharp as the lookouts and they're just mere black spots so far. Vera was muttering to herself trying to figure out who they could be and which approach they should take when her sister, Wind Catcher yelled up at the lookout.

"Can you see the colour of their armour?" She yells, the lookout takes out his binocular and looks through it for a moment before he answers "They're wearing dark green armour with a symbol I don't recognize and can't quite make out from this angle."

"Shit, just bucking perfect.." Wind curses, getting a confused look from Vera and the others. After a minute or two Vera asks if Wind knows who the guards belong too.

"Yeah I know 'em alright, they're part of the personal guard of the local sheik Hetdegon. Quite an unpleasant fellow and all he cares about is money and women, I was here as a recruit in Celestia's newly created special commando unit a few years back. We were investigating rumours of dark magic being practised when we ran into him, he seemed to have taken a special interest in me and the commander, he offered us riches beyond our wildest dreams if we joined his harem. Obviously we both rejected his offer and he seemed to be deeply offended and rushed off muttering that we would be his one day."

By now the guards were within hearing range and the largest one opened up a scroll and read it out loud "On the order of his highness sheik Hetdegon you are to be placed under arrest for trespassing and posing a potential military threat to the great Hetdegon's province. You will comply and let your ship be lead to his palace where the Sheik will meet your leaders in person, if you refuse you will be taken there by force and we do not guarantee that no one will come to harm."

Vera considered what Wind had told her about the sheik and was trying to decide if it was a good idea to let them be lead to his palace or if they could take out the guards and ignore the sheik's request. She looked to her sister who shook her head, guessing what she was thinking and indicating that attacking the guards would not be a good idea.

"Fine, we'll follow you for now but I will warn you that we are extremely capable fighters and if you or your master thinks of betraying our trust then you WILL regret it." Vera says with a serious threat in her voice as they change course towards the palace.

Meanwhile a little earlier at Sheik Hetdegon's palace..

One of the Sheik's guards comes bursting in to the Sheik's throne room as he's busy with his harem of mares he's acquired either via slavery or bribing them. "Sire!" The guard says and bows down until his master acknowledges his presence.

The Sheik ignores the guard for a few moments as he playfully plays with the nipples of one of his harem mares, eventually when the guard refuses to leave he sighs and acknowledges the guard. "What, what is it? You know very well I do not like being interrupted when I'm playing with my mares."

The guard is still holding his head low as he stands up. "I'm sorry, Sire. I was sent here with an urgent message that a Canterlotian airship has been spotted moving in on your province territory and they look heavily armed, what do you want us to do, sire?"

"An airship from Canterlot you say? I've never had a mare from Canterlot, I hear they're quite the thing and I wouldn't mind owning one for my harem. Arrest them for trespassing and bring their leaders aka mares to me, I will offer them things they can't resist if they truly are from Canterlot."

"At once, Sire." The guard says and back out bowing.

Meanwhile at present time the airship has arrived at the castle and Vera, Wind, Needle and Inysa have been brought in front of the Sheik Hetdegon.

Wind and Vera had a rather grave expression on their faces, Needle and Inysa were mostly neutral looking, neither of them were "leaders" of their group so why had they been brought forth together with Wind and Vera then?

"Ah welcome to my palace my lovelies, I hope my guards weren't too rough on you? I wouldn't want such pretty looking mares to be damaged."

"Cut it, Hetdegon, we're not here for your pleasure nor do we have time to linger around here while you waltz around like you own us." Wind Catcher says.

"Hmph, such arrogance! I was going to offer you riches beyond your imagination as part of my harem but I guess I'll just let you rot in the dunegons together with your minotaur friend then! Guards take her away and throw her together with the Minotaur in the dunegons.

The guards started moving in on Wind Catcher, pointing their spears at her when suddenly a dagger comes flying and hits one of the guards closest to Wind Catcher in the neck.

"Now hold on just a minute, NO ONE is taking away my sister without my consent! If you want that guard to live I suggest you don't waltz around pretending that we're your property, 'sheik'" Vera yells at the sheik who's looking a bit stunned.

"GUARDS! To me! Your master's life is in danger! Kill these intruders, though save the black and violet maned one, I recognize her from before and I will take her as one of my wives!" Hetdegon calls out his orders to his guards.

Vera pulls back her dagger from the guards throat and prepares to attack the other guards now moving in on them when suddenly Hetdegon voice calls out again. "NO! STOP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! HOW DARE YOU TOUCH ME YOU INFERIrgbrl" Hetdegon's voice went into a gurgle as Rhuno was holding him tightly by his throat, he had somehow managed to find a secret passage that came up right behind where Hetdegon's throne was.

"What..? How? Rhuno?! Where did you come from?" Vera stammers forth.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 22 Nov 2013, 03:36

Rhuno was prodded into a cell within the dungeons of the sheikhs palace. He had been separated from the others, told he was being led to a waiting room whilst the others speak with the sheikh. But that was a lie. The guards closed the cell doors on Rhuno, grinning at the large beast. 

"The sire will enjoy taming you. Minotaur's make great chariot pullers." 

Rhuno looked about his surroundings, noticing the stone where the bars went into the ceiling was cracked.

"You know guys..." Rhuno said, grabbing the guards attention, drawing them closer to the cell door, "you really should keep this place up to code. I mean for shame, look at this!"

Rhuno proceeded to charge the cell door with his shoulder, breaking it free from the cell, crushing the guards against the other wall.

The racket caused more guards to turn the corner at the end of the hall, galloping towards him. Rhuno scruffed the floor, then charged down the hall, head first. Ponies scattered like bowling pins, smacking into the walls or being crushed under Rhuno's hooves. He didn't stop and barreled into the far wall. Rhuno broke through a thin layer of bricks and found himself in a secret tunnel within the walls of the dungeon, a path of pony bodies strewn behind him in the hallway. Rhuno snorted.

"Now... that those pesky ponies are out for the count... where does this lead..." Rhuno thought as he made his way down the tunnel, slowly making its way upwards.

Rhuno emerged from a hidden door, finding himself behind the some kind of throne. He could hear the sheikh yelling at his friends. Rhuno snuck up behind him and grabbed him by the throat, lifting him into the air. 

"NOBODY MOVE! OR WE GET TO SEE WHAT A PONIES HEAD LOOK LIKE WHEN IT POPS LIKE A CORK!"

The room went silent, the sheikh struggling in Rhuno's grasp. 

"What..? How? Rhuno?! Where did you come from?" Vera stammered forth.

"Secret passage. So... now what?" Rhuno asked as the sheikh weezed, trying to breathe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Sat 23 Nov 2013, 22:18

"Secret passage. So... now what?" Rhuno asked as the sheikh weezed, trying to breathe.

Wind Catcher stared at the sheikh for a moment before turning to his guards and then back at him "Order your guards to lay down their weapons and I promise my friend won't snap your neck." She nodded to Rhuno to let go a bit so the sheikh could get enough breath to give the orders.

"YOU INFERIOR BEING! LET ME GO YOU FILTHY BEAST, YOU SMELL LIKE MY STABLES. LET ME DOWN AT ONCE, GUARDS! TO ME! HELP! KILL THEM ALL I DO NOT CARE FOR THE FEMALES ANYMORE!" The Sheikh quickly managed to gasp out before Rhuno snapped his neck and let the limp body fall to the floor.

"Well we warned him, no matter now. So are you guards going to attack the elements of harmony who saved you from the Nightmare Queen at Dragost or will you succumb and help us find Starswirl?" Vera called out to the guards who were standing completely still, stunned from what had just occurred in front of them.

After a few minutes the Captain of the guard opened his mouth "Guards.. Lay down your weapons. We serve the Elements of harmony for now, you will obey their orders as if they were my own."

"Wise choice, now tell me has any of you seen or heard anything about Starswirl's whereabouts here? We got word that Starswirl has been lurking around in ancient catacombs of ancient mages that dabbled in dark magics." Vera asked the guards.

The guard Captain rubbed his chin for moment before speaking up "Hmm.. I had heard he was around, being the Captain of the guard and personal body guard of the now dead sheikh I got to hear some mentions of him but as you have probably figured out already my lord was only interested in women and money. He was too much of a coward to dare stand up against the most powerful mage in the known realm, the only reason we "arrested" you were because he didn't know you were the Elements of harmony and thought he could pressure you into submission by outnumbering your group."

"Do you have some library of any sorts where I could find some books on these ancient mages?" Inysa suddenly asked the Captain.

"Yes, yes I believe we do. Our lord came from a wealthy line of ancestors, some of them with varying occupations and interests, I believe some of them gathered some books on the catacombs and mages that practised dark magic, I can escort you to the library myself if you wish, my lady."

"Please do, Vera I want you too come with me, two unicorn brains are better than one." Inysa said to Vera.

Night Vera nodded to Inysa and before they left Vera gave the others some orders "Needle I want you to take Wind and do a quick scout of the local region, make sure to note any buildings and such that could be of interest and we'll check them out once me and Insya are done in the library." Vera turned to where Rhuno had joined them, standing beside Balm. "Balm and Rhuno you two go and check out the kitchen and see if there's any useful ingredients for potions and whatnot, if some stuff is missing and we're not back from the library yet you can hit the local market and see if you find anything useful."

Needle and Wind nodded and darted off to the closest window and pushed it open and jumped out. Balm and Rhuno acknowledged the task they'd been given and went off to check out what exotic things they might find in the kitchen. Just before Vera was about to turn back to Inysa and the guard captain she remembered the sheikh's body was still there "Uh.. One of you guys should probably get rid of his corpse, strip him bare and do whatever you do with your dead here, as long as we get rid of the body." She turned back to Inysa and the guard Captain and they left for the library as the others went on with their own tasks.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Sun 24 Nov 2013, 14:16

Eagle sat in the court, his eyes covered by his cowl. He was flanked by two heavily armored pegasus guards, as well as Gold. He sat across from the governor of the Griffon armed forces, Commander Typhoon, and his six dogs of war. The whole morning had been a stare down between the two, as Celestia started off relations conference. Now, it was finally time for the two governors to talk to one another.

"So, is there anything you'd like to say, Eagle Blade?" asked Celestia, her voice layered with fake enthusiasm.

"I'd like to say that Commander Typhoon's attack on Rain Cloud was not a primary military tactic. You attacked without mercy, and attempted to kill innocents."

The Griffon commander rolled his eyes, scoffing. "They were near the border."

Eagle gritted his teeth, his eyes still not visible underneath his cowl. "50 Flight Miles out. That's still in the safe zone."

Typhoon smiled, and twirled one of his feathers in his claws. "The zones have changed. We want a 900 Flight Mile Safe Zone."

Eagle laughed lightly, lifting his cowl slightly. "You are not in the position to make such requests, Typhoon. The Pegasus Military could tear you to shreds, and I don't want to imagine what the Equestrian Military could do."

"900 Flight Miles, or we shall continue to attack any Cloud within 900 miles."

Eagle turned to Celestia, who exhaled and gave a curt nod. Eagle then turned towards Gold, whom did the same.

Then, Eagle attacked. He spun towards Typhoon, Eagle's blades already unsheathed. His blades sliced apart Typhoon's guards with such speed, that before Typhoon could react, Eagle had already killed all six of Typhoon's guards.

"What is the meaning of this!" Shouted Typhoon, looking at his dead guards.

"You made a threat towards The Nation of Equestria, and her citizens. Be glad I did not use lethal force against you. You will leave Canterlot at once, or I will have you publicly executed by whipping. Now begone!" shouted Eagle.

Typhoon left at once, leaving Eagle standing over the bodies of the Griffons. He exhaled, and sheathed his blades.

"I take it I won't be needed here anymore, Celestia?" Asked Eagle. She simply shook her head.

Eagle motioned for Gold to follow him, as they started to walk towards the entrance to the hall.

"I'd like you to accompany me, instead of Steel, Gold," Eagle said. "You are a much more viable ally, and you are more capable. Not to mention it'd be nice to have somepony who knows how to be diplomatic along this trip. I sense we may need it."

Gold raised an eyebrow. She had spent all her time with Eagle since he had arrive in Canterlot earlier that day, and she knew that they worked together well. But abandoning her post to help with a mission? While It was important, Gold had other problems as well.

"I-I'm not sure it'd be such a good idea, Eagle. As much as I'd like to accompany you along your journey, Canterlot needs me."

Eagle nodded, continuing to walk. "I understand, Gold. It's just that, I'd like to have somepony who has immense skill with magic along. While both Vera and Inysa are very good with magic, they still rely on that of weapons. You'd be a great addition to the team."

Gold stopped for a moment, and then sighed. "I'll join you. When do we leave?"

Eagle looked at the clock, and then the sun. "20 minutes. Pack your bags quickly, and meet me at the airship."

Gold nodded, and sped off. Eagle smiled, and started walking towards the Airship.
-------

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum