Ancient Equestria Arc 2: Starswirl's betrayal.

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ancient Equestria Arc 2: Starswirl's betrayal.

Post by Cloudchaser on Fri 20 Sep 2013, 03:54

As Night Vera and Steel Ingot waited for Needlepoint to return with the others they took the opportunity to scout ahead a bit. They however did not get far before a very young wild ursa minor that probably had awoken from it's mid day nap rumbled past them. Night Vera pulled Steel Ingot into a nearby bush and hushed him as the ursa minor sniffed the air and only smelled the stench of Timber wolf sap and moved on back toward it's cave.

"That was an inch too close to an ursa minor than I would like to be, I may have killed a dragon in the past but at least that was on even terms and not something that'll swallow you whole without caring. Let's get back toward the others, it's safer to proceed onward toward Wind Catcher's location as a full group, you never know what lurks in here. Some say we've only discovered about a third of the forest's inhabitants since it's so dangerous in here it's very difficult to study the wild life without an entourage of a professional army." Night Vera told Steel Ingot as they headed back to meet up with the others.

Meanwhile a day back at Wind Catcher's camp at the old castle..

"Wind, we've been here over 2 weeks now, Searing and Thunder are already getting better, we should really take our chances and escape while we still can." Maelstrom said.

"I don't know Mael, I've been having these strange dreams.. I do not know what to think of them. They encourage me to violence and death, darkness and sorrow. I see a land plunged in an everlasting night, an evil laughter reverberates and chills me to the bones. That's when I see myself standing over the bodies of the Princesses and you three at my side and we're all fully clad in a dark blueish almost black armour with the regalia of our Queen on it.."

Maelstrom slaps Wind Catcher out of her trance.

"Get a hold on yourself for bucks sake, Wind. You're stronger than this, we've all been having similar visions and I swear I can hear the evil laughter reverberate throughout the forest when we're out looking for an exit of some kind." Maelstrom told Wind Catcher who stood there with tears almost flowing down her cheeks.

Just as Maelstrom was going to reach out and pull Wind Catcher in for a hug and tell her everything is going to be okay a loud bang shook the castle and a dark voice hissed at them.

"I will brake your feeble little minds one by one and then you will swear your loyalty to me! The only thing that is keeping you safe are the ancient warding spells still in effect but I am slowly but surely breaking them one by one, not even Night Vera and her little rag tag group of so called bearers of the elements of harmony will stop me!"

"Night Vera? isn't that..?" Maelstrom said.

"She's the guild master of the rogue guilds and also highest ranking military advisor to the Princesses.. She's one of the only people with authority aside from the Princesses so give us orders.. I don't like this, if she's on her way here then that means we're in deeper shit than we first thought." Wind Catcher explained.

"What do you mean?" Maelstrom asked.

"Think about it, Mael. If Night Vera who is one of the bearers of the elements of harmony and highest ranking military advisor to the Princesses is coming HERE and that dark voice knowing who she is then I dare not think of how big trouble we're in if she's coming here with a group of friends to save our sorry asses before we succumb to madness or get ourselves killed in this forest." Wind Catcher told Maelstrom.

"Shit, should we try and meet up with her or try and leave a trail for them to follow here?" Maelstrom asked.

"No, with Searing and Thunder out of order for combat I don't want to risk us getting ambushed by timber wolves again, even if we're all pegasi we have no idea what creatures or other things live and exist here, I could've sworn I saw a plant twitch and catch a bird that got a bit too close on our way here. No I hope the legendary rogue lives up to her name and spots the blood trail from Searing's legs that leads towards us." Wind Catcher told Maelstrom.

Maelstrom was going to say something but just as he opened his mouth, Searing and Thunder called out.

"Guys, what are you two bickering about?" They asked.

"Well.." Wind Catcher begun to explain the situation they're in.

Meanwhile a few hours from Wind Catcher's location Night Vera and Steel Ingot has caught up with the others again and after explaining what she'd found they decided to move on toward where the trail leads. The group goes on for a few hours until they reach the castle boundaries which were half engulfed in a dark mist.

"Shit, looks like Wind Catcher's managed to get herself into some deep shit here, Eagle you're the closest thing we have aside from me to an military strategist, what's your take on the situation? Should we try and sneak around the castle ground and look for an entrance and hope the ward spell is weak enough to allow entry or should you and Needle see if you can sneak in from the roof? " Night Vera turned to ask Eagle Blade.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Fri 20 Sep 2013, 20:32

Eagle pondered the question for a moment, looking at the massive castle.

"I'd personally say not to take the chance with a barrier spell. They're not easy to break, not to mention they contain some nasty curses. I could probably take Needle and sneak in, but in the worst case scenario, we have to use the tank to break in." Eagle gestured towards Steel, who simply nodded. "Only earthponies are resistant to such magic, so he'd be perfect to smash the barrier."

Eagle glanced over at Needle, who quickly adverted her eyes. "But our best approach will always be stealth. I'm sure Needle and I can handle ourselves."

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:02

Needle nodded in agreement to Ealge’s plan of a rooftop stealth mission, not because she knew it was a better plan than the other, but because it would give her a chance to talk to him alone.

Vera agreed with them, and in a few minutes, they wear geared up and in the air. They flew below the tree line, curving in between the trees and vines. Needle was coping better than Eagle, whose large body and wingspan was more of a hindrance than a help in the dense forest. Eventually the forest thinned out slightly, and they flew side by side, in silence. Needle was the first to speak.

“I had to leave” she said flatly “being cooped up without company, returning to that life of duty aristocracy. There was no way I could live like that again”

Needle paused, waiting for his reply, if any.

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:09

"If you're wondering if I'm angry, I'm not," Eagle said, as they flew. "I understand. I neglected you, and put things in priority that should have come second."

"I suppose you've found another, then," Eagle said, as the castle slowly loomed in the distance. Eagle slowed his speed so that he may talk longer, his robes buffeting his body in the wind. "I wouldn't expect somepony like you to be left alone for some time, right?"

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:18

Needlepoint shook her head, smirking slightly.

“No...well, there were some who tried” She thought of Jetsam and his persistence “but none of them ever succeeded. I guess at first I was convinced you would look for me, and find me, but now, I am just happy living my life as a lone mare.”

She looked back at Eagle and gave him a weak, unconvincing smile.

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:32

Eagle nodded, his soul overtaken by sadness. In a way, he had put her to this. If he had just mde the effort to come and see her, talk to her, even for a few hours, this could have all been prevented.

"I... I'm sorry," Eagle apologized, his voice quivering a bit. He thought of all the times mares had tried to gain his heart back in Mothercloud, only to be rejected by the stone cold demeanor of Eagle. In all his time alive, around mares, he had never met anypony who had affected him so much as Needle. But now, she did not want him.

The stone of Eagle's heart returned, his emotional expression turning into a quartz shield, stopping any emotion at all from peeking through. He was not going to let his love sickness get in the way of the mission.

"There's the castle. Follow me, stick close. We'll get in from the roof, and go from there," Eagle said, his voice strong and loud.

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Sat 21 Sep 2013, 22:58

Needle stuck close to Eagle, and they quickly soared over the top of the castle and silently descended onto the tallest tower. They both landed quietly, gathering around a mouldy wooden trap door. Needle gave it an experimental tug. To her surprise, despite its worn condition, it opened easily and quietly.

They slipped through and into the room below. It was a bedroom, or had been at one point. The air was cold and still, and thick layers of dust coated every surface. A thin strip of moonlight was all that lit the room, the white beam cutting across the door on the far side. They scurried toward it, Eagle’s hoofsteps making only slightly more noise than Needle’s. The door, though thick with rusted hinges, opened silently and without protest. Needlepoint gave Eagle Blade a suspicious look. This was too easy.

Eagle slipped through first, leading them down a winding staircase into a long corridor, with long burnt out braziers lining the walls and dilapidated suits of armour and frayed tapestries dotted around. They swiftly made their way down it, turning corners and descending stairs. Apart from the odd cluster of vegetation creeping into the cracks of the walls and floor, no life seemed to persist here. No birds nested on the ceiling beams, no rats scurried to and fro. Even the insects were nowhere to be seen. It unnerved Needle more than anything. They rounded a corner and found themselves in a grand entrance way, which looked uninviting in the still blue light of night. In one corner, tucked into an alcove was a flickering orange light. Eagle looked at Needle and they both nodded in agreement, taking off and soaring silently toward the light.

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 14:42

Wind Catcher was busy explaining the situation for Searing Wind and Thunder Dash when Maelstrom poked her.

Wind Catcher: "What is it?"

Maelstrom: "Someone or something's coming towards us."

Wind Catcher: "Shit, not much we can do besides hope it's Night Vera. It's too late to extinguish the camp fire now that we've been spotted."

Thunder Dash: "I could go meet them, see if they're friendly?"

Searing Wind: "No, don't take the risk. We're practically unarmed and we don't know for sure who or what is coming. For all we know they could have halberds or spears in which case our short swords aren't much use."

Wind Catcher: "Searing's right, we can only hope whatever is coming towards us is friendly."

Meanwhile back at Night Vera, Inysa, Rhuno and Steel Ingot's hiding place.

"Hmm, I don't like just sitting around while those two take their time.. Steel, Rhuno? " Night Vera asked

"Yes?" they both replied.

"I want you two to see if you can break through the protective ward in the lower entrance, magic doesn't affect you two in the same way it does to me and Inysa. However the ward should break if you manage to get through it which allows us to join Needle and Eagle in the castle and search for Wind Catcher. "

Meanwhile back at Wind Catcher, Needle and Eagle has now found Wind Catcher and her group.

Wind Catcher looks Needle over before saying: "I reckon you're not Night Vera, last time I checked she was supposed to be an unicorn not a pegasus. Who are you and what are you doing here?"

She glances over toward Eagle Blade and recognizes him.

"Eagle Blade? Is that you? You probably don't remember me but we enlisted in the army at the same time, served some time in the same unit before you got expelled. I always used to admire you back then and now here you are again with a pretty mare at your side, finally settled down and started a family then?" Wind Catcher asks Eagle Blade.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 18:46

Steel nodded, standing up in his heavy armor.

"I'll see what I can do, Commander Night Vera," Steel said, starting to run towards the castle, his shield clanking on his back. "I'll be back as soon as I can!"

-------

Eagle Blade bowed to Wind Catcher.

"I do remember you, Wind Catcher," Eagle said, smiling. "Top of your class, eh? Otherwise you wouldn't be here."

Eagle gestured towards Needle, his movements precise and steely. "Wind Catcher, meet Needle Point. Needle is my good friend, and Wind Catcher is acting commander of Her Highness's Special Forces. I'm sure you two will get along fine." Eagle introduced the two, his voice rather bland and boring. He was about to say something about getting out of the castle, when a great rumbling erupted from the outside. Before the other two mares, or the group could open their mouth, Eagle cut them off.

"That would be Steel, I suppose," Eagle said, sighing.

-------

Steel slammed his blade into the purpleish barrier, energy reverberating off of Steel's armor. Each one sending a pulse of energy across the earthpony's armor. Cracks shot up the warding spell wall, as the massive brute vented anger like his life depended on it.

"Don't worry, we'll be fine."

Steel slammed his blade harder onto the spell, as he had another flashback.

------

"Incoming!" shouted a soldier, as arrows blotted out what little moonlight.

Steel brought up his shield, not phased by the sound of his comrades falling around him, as arrows clattered against his massive shield. The sound of barbarians charging filled the air, as they spearheaded against Steel.

The massive Earthpony reared up, claws gripping the blade of his Zweihander, as he brought it down upon an unwary barbarian. Steel cleaved him in half, before continuing to aid in the slaughter.

"Hold steady! Here comes the sun!" Shouted a voice.

Everypony looked towards the horizon, watching as the glowing ball of light barely glimpsed over the horizon. The cheers of the Equestrian military filled the air, as the Barbarians started to retreat.

Until the sun set once more.

The battlefeild went quiet, as Steel stood in awe. Had Celestia failed them? Abandoned her military?

Steel was answered as a barbarian brought his axe down upon his hind leg, knocking him off balance, and cutting into the soft skin. He blacked out quickly, as he fell down to the sounds of his men being slaughtered.

--------

Steel huffed, as the barrier slowly crumbled. He had done enough damage for any other ponies to get in without harm coming to them, but he needed some rest.

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 23 Sep 2013, 03:35

Rhuno, Inysa, and Vera walked up to the big burly doors of the castle, Steel collapsing after breaking the barrier, in exhaustion.

"Hey buddy. Take a breather. I've got ya."

Rhuno picked Steel up and threw him over his shoulder.

"Oof! Holy crap Steel. You have GOT to lay off the food man. You weigh a ton."

All Rhuno received from Steel was a cold glare.

"... point taken."

Rhuno shouldered the massive doors open, the group making their way into the grand entrance hall. They could hear voices coming from a lit room not far from their position.

"Sound like Eagle and Needle found them. Quickly, we do not want to linger here for too long." Vera ordered.

The group made their way over toward the room and entered, finding Eagle and Needle with Wind Catchers group.

Eagle saw Steel being shouldered by Rhuno and a small chuckle escaped from his muzzle.

Steel whispered into Rhuno's ear, "Put me down right now."

Rhuno acknowledged Steel and set him back down, Steel regaining his composure and standing stout and proud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Mon 23 Sep 2013, 15:47

Eagle Blade introduced Needlepoint to Wind Catcher who bowed.

"Special Commander Wind Catcher of her majesties special forces at your service, my lady." She said before adding: "Not quite literally though, only the Princesses and Night Vera have high enough authority to give us orders."

Suddenly bangs from downstairs could be heard and a booming strong voice of a Minotaur echoed in the halls. Shortly there after Rhuno arrived with Steel on his shoulder and Inysa and Night Vera in tow.

Wind Catcher nearly burst out laughing when she saw the strong and sturdy earth pony being carried by a minotaur who eventually put him down.

Night Vera stepped forward out of the shadows and both she and Wind Catcher stared at each other for a good few minutes before Inysa waved a hoof in front of Night Vera who returned to the present.

"I take it you're Night Vera then." Wind Catcher said before thinking to herself: "Why does she feel so familiar? Like we've met somewhere long ago.." She quickly stopped herself from going back to those painful memories of hearing that her home town had been burnt down by bandits and everyone she knew was dead, their corpses having been reduced to nothing more than smouldering corpses, her parents were dead and her little sister was missing or presumed dead or taken captive by the bandits to be brought up as a brood mare.

"Indeed I am, and you would be Wind Catcher I'd presume." The same feeling of familiarity hit Night Vera as well before she got hold of herself and asked who the others were. "Mind introducing your unit to us?"

Wind Catcher pointed to Maelstrom who was standing firmly at her side, "This is my most trusted second in command, Maelstrom". Maelstrom nodded in acknowledgement.

"Those two behind me are Searing Wind and Thunder Dash." Wind Catcher said.

Before Night Vera had a chance to introduce her entourage the dark voice that had echoed in the forest before could now be heard clearly.

"You naive little fools, you've doomed yourself by breaking the ward spell I can now swarm the castle with all of my little pets that I have gathered in this forest. Surrender yourselves willingly to me now or else I'll enjoy seeing you be ripped apart by my pets." The voice called out.

"WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER! We didn't Surrender back at Dragost and we sure as hell won't do so now, our friendship is strong enough to survive whatever you have to throw against us!" Night Vera yelled.

"As you wish then, little pony. Have fun with my little pets." The dark voice responded.

The howling and growling of Timber wolves and bears could be heard as they started rushing up toward where the group was.

"It's about to get ugly, I hope your unit's reputation is true, Wind Catcher." Night Vera quickly said before drawing her daggers and getting ready to strike whatever came in her way.

"We'll have to fight our way out if we want to have any chance of surviving." Wind Catcher remarked.

As soon as Wind Catcher had finished her sentence the bears and timber wolves arrived and lunged at them, one by one everyone in Night Vera and Wind Catcher's group drew their weapons and jumped into the fray and started fighting their way out.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Mon 23 Sep 2013, 17:45

Needlepoint rolled her eyes at the insinuation Wind Catcher made about Eagle and herself being in a relationship again. It was the last thing she wanted to hear after their conversation. Eagle introduced her, and Wind Catcher introduced herself, bowing as she spoke. As she rose, Needle was reminded of Night Vera. Something about the roundness of her nose and the slant of her jaw.

Suddenly, a series of loud bangs and crashes distracted Needle. She turned toward the source and saw Rhuno carrying a contemptuous Steel Ingot of his shoulders. Needle guffawed at the sight, even as he was lowered back onto the ground. Introductions were made and Needle was just about to extend a hoof in greeting to Wind Catchers group when a familiar voice punctured the air like a dagger.

“Shit” she though “Shit, shit shit”

She was back. The terrible dark powers that had overtaken Dragost were now skulking about in the forest so close to Canterlot; now she was teasing and taunting them.

Mutiple doors and windows suddenly crashed inward, and in flooded timberwolves, soon followed by huge lumbering bears. Needle drew her weapon, as did the others and then launched herself into the air to get a better angle on the creatures below. Crows and owls swept in through cracks in the roof and swarmed around her, their claws and beaks aimed for her face. She dropped lower to the ground and sped through the air to escape them and they followed. She turned quickly in the air and slashed at them with her black blade, and several fell from the sky, dead or dying. More came for her still, so she slashed and, and again, until half the flock was dead. The rest held back from her, or attacked others instead.

Just as Needle was about the swoop down to help in the rest of the battle, she heard a deep roar from outside. She turned to the largest door in the room just in time to see it reduced to splinters and a huge tan and red beast lumber through it. It was a manticore.

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Mon 23 Sep 2013, 19:27

Eagle and Steel went back to back, Steel on his hind legs once more, cleaving his enemies in half once more. Eagle had to use more skill, as he stabbed quickly, back and forth. His blade sliced into the weak skins of the animals, blood splattering across his cloak.

"Watch out, Eagle!" Shouted Steel, as a bird swooped in on the massive pegasi. Eagle cleaved it in half easily, looking at his companions to see how they were faring.

Wind Catcher was fighting off enemies from all sides, only thing keeping her from being ripped to shreds was her agility.

"Steel, hold here. I'll help some others!" Shouted Eagle, before taking off to the sky, blade poised for battle.

He flew down, converging upon Wind Catcher, as a Wolf jumped at her back. Eagle stabbed it downwards, slamming into the ground with a bloody thud. The wolves backed off, as Eagle stood up, his hoof claws gripping his blade. Suddenly, one jumped at him, but was stopped by an arrow shooting through its head. Eagle looked over at Steel, who's wrist mounted crossbow had saved him.

Another wolf pounced Eagle, only to be slashed to the ground. Blood shot all over the pegasi, as he continued to do the same with the other wolves. Blood spattered everywhere, until the wolves backed off, knowing he was a fish too big for them. Eagle walked over to Wind Catcher, who was huffing heavily.

"Don't worry, I gotcha," Eagle said, as a Manticore burst down the door. "Now, I suggest we get out of here before this thing slaughters us."

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 23 Sep 2013, 23:29

Rhuno slashed left and right, his axe obliterating the timberwolves and hacking limbs off bears. A loud crash sounded from his right, and he saw a Manticore lumber into the room.

"MANTICORE!"

Rhuno roared as did the Manticore, and they charged at each other, timber wolves being thrown about and bears shouldered out of the way. Rhuno swung at the beast, but the Manticore swiped his axe from his grasp with its tail, the axe finding its mark on a poor unsuspecting bear. Rhuno let out another roar and the two grasped each other, hands to paws.

They were in a stalemate, one another trying to outmuscle each other. Rhuno had to duck left and right as the Manticore tried to take his head out with its tail.

Enough of this shit!

Rhuno leaned back, letting go of the Manticore's hands and bringing it into a bear hug. He then raised the Manticore above and over him, bringing the beast down onto its head with a loud thud! Rhuno jumped up and stomped the Manticore straight in the belly, knocking the wind out of the beast. He then grabbed the Manticores tail, while still holding the thing down, and pulled as hard as he could.

The tail pulled taught, the Manticore screaming in pain. The tail slowly spread apart in the middle, blood gushing out. Then it snapped, Rhuno falling onto his bum with the tail in his grasp, the Manticore roaring in agony.

"TAKE THAT YA BASTARD!"

Rhuno walked over to the dead bear that his axe was buried in and yanked it out. He walked back over to the Manticore, and put it out of its misery.

Rhuno then proceeded to continue his bloody swath through the timber wolves and bears.

Back to top Go down

Post by King of batponies on Tue 24 Sep 2013, 22:18

Inysa stood at the edge of the room watching the fight between her companions and the creatures unfold. She was smiling initially, idling at the sidelines waiting for something to attack her but as she watched, the realization of the fight hit her. Everyone looked exhausted, a few were wounded. The moment the Manticore arrived, was the moment Inysa withdrew her katana. She didn't want to charge any magic into it as exhaustion was not needed here, Inysa needed endurance. Upon reaching the center of the room, the manticore had fallen, beside it stood a slightly tired but battle ready Rhuno. He continued to fight without paying attention to her stood there, alone.

Inysa closed her eyes and thought of a plan, upon agreeing with a plan in her head she called out to Vera.

"Hey, Vera! I need permission to take charge momentarily, I have something I need to do and take care of" She shouted out among the noise.

"Go ahead Inysa, as long as it is going to help... us" a tired Vera shouted back.

Inysa smiled at the reply, she was ready for this, to save her friends from the endless waves of creatures.

"Alright! Listen up guys!" She started talking while swinging her katana around "If you are too tired to fight, relieve yourself from the action, I don't want any deaths while I am under temporary control" she motioned her sword at the back part of the room where there were no creatures for some odd reason.

The others looked shocked as they continued to fight, a few were confused as to who Inysa was, the rest looked confused as to why she was issuing orders... like they hadn't heard her call out to Vera.

Did I do it via my mind again, I should stop that Inysa thought to herself.

Eagle, Needle, Wind Catcher, Maelstrom, Searing Wind, Thunder Dash and Steel Ingot were all waiting around the back wall from exhaustion. Inysa looked at Vera and asked if she wanted to take a seat to regain her energy, Vera refused and continued fighting alongside Rhuno.

Looks like it's time for me to shine She laughed to herself in her head

"Rhuno, duck!" Inysa shouted out

Rhuno listened and ducked down, slightly confused. Following this Inysa ran and vaulted off his back and spun in the air, the moment passed slowly for her but she was soon on the floor in the center of all the creatures. Swinging her swords, many of them fell before her. They were no match for her speed and endurance, well, that's what she thought. She stumbled once or twice during the fight allowing the timber wolves to secure a few bites to her legs. The pain hurt but she continued. She had to, for her friends. A few moments passed before Inysa saw in the corner of her eye Rhuno carrying Vera on her back. Was she dead, those fuckers! Inysa's thoughts were going crazy, rage took hold of her and she slaughtered countless creatures. As the creatures forces were getting smaller, they started to withdraw from the room. A retreat? Those cowards She laughed in her head.

Tired from what had happened, Inysa sat in the middle of the room and began to cry. She had blood down her legs and body. She was in pain physically and mentally, Vera was killed... or so she thought.

Rhuno walked over to Inysa in the center of the room and sat beside her. "Why are you crying? You just... I don't know how to describe it but you were amazing." He said to her.

"I couldn't save Vera..."

"She passed out from exhaustion, she isn't dead..."

Upon hearing that Inysa got up on all fours and ran to where Vera was lying, she was breathing, she wasn't dead. Inysa smiled and looked at the others.

"I was put in charge for now, it is my duty to guide us out of here. Those who can walk... well, you can walk. I will carry Vera on my back, anyone else can climb aboard Rhuno." She had a serious look on her face when she addressed the group.

Once everyone was ready she led the group out of the castle and guided them to the swamps, where they decided to make camp.

"Rhuno, you make sure everyone is okay, I am going to take care of Vera until she wakes up." Inysa orders Rhuno as she walks over to lie down next to Vera.

King of batponies
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 19:49

Eagle Blade sat next to the makeshift campfire, glancing back at Needle every few minutes. The softer side of him wanted to ask for a second chance, but the battle hardened soldier inside him knew it would just get  in the way of his position. Eagle felt as if there was no chance of ever finding another love, destined to die an old, cranky hermit. Destiny's punishment for a life of delivering pain.

Eagle looked over to Steel, who stood at ready, talking to one of Wind Catcher's soldiers. He talked quietly, yet his deep voice reached over to Eagle's ears. Old war stories as usual.

Suddenly, Steel's armor glinted purple, shooting light right into Eagle's eyes.

Nightmare Corruption

"Steel, please come here," Eagle said. Steel dismissed himself from his little chat, and trotted over, heavy armor bouncing on his large build.

"Yes sir?"

"Are you feeling okay, Captain? Anything out of the ordinary?"

"No, sir. Why do you ask?"

"Anything happening after you broke the barrier?" Eagle tested, trying to see if Steel was overly irritable at all.

"No."

"No...?"

"No sir." Steel's voice was edged with frost, not something heard from the calm and collected Steel often.

"Did you just raise your voice at me, soldier?" asked Eagle, trying to push Steel further.

"I don't have to fucking call you sir. You're not even my commanding officer."

"But I am of a higher rank. Watch your tongue," Eagle said, a bit annoyed with Steel now.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Military Ambassador. I didn't realize that a stallion with such a rank can boss around a captain like me."

"Steel, I command you to stop."

"I command you to shut your fucking mouth before I run you through like the pig you are."

Eagle narrowed his eyes. "Why don't we settle this like gentlecolts, Steel."

Steel dropped his leg guards, then his steel plates, revealing a massive amount of Warpony tattoo's littering his blue body.

"Let's"

Eagle slammed his hoof into Steel's face, causing a bloody nose on Steel's behalf. Steel bucked Eagle in the chest, knocking him into a tree, where Eagle was promptly pummeled by Steel's massive hooves.

"ENOUGH!" Shouted a voice. Both Steel and Eagle looked over to see Inysa standing there, angry.

"What the hell are you two doing?!" She shouted, trotting over to them.

"Having a Kum-bay-ya moment, Inysa," Eagle giggled, getting a laugh out of Steel. They both fell to the ground, noses bleeding, giggling.

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King of batponies on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 20:19

Inysa was lying down next to Vera waiting for her to wake up when she heard some commotion from the camp. She gets up and walks over to investigate.

Eagle narrowed his eyes. "Why don't we settle this like gentlecolts, Steel."

Steel dropped his leg guards, then his steel plates, revealing a massive amount of Warpony tattoo's littering his blue body.

"Let's"

Eagle slammed his hoof into Steel's face, causing a bloody nose on Steel's behalf. Steel bucked Eagle in the chest, knocking him into a tree, where Eagle was promptly pummeled by Steel's massive hooves.

Inysa stood there watching them until she had enough.

"ENOUGH! What the hell are you two doing?!" Inysa shouted at them angrily.

"Having a Kum-bay-ya moment, Inysa," Eagle giggled, getting a laugh out of Steel. They both fell to the ground, noses bleeding, giggling.

Inysa just stood staring at them angrily until they stopped laughing.

"I am trying to take care of Vera and it's hard to do this while you guys are being noisy. Plus I have something I need to discuss with you Eagle." Inysa walked over and hinted for Eagle to follow, which he did.

"Okay, so I need you to spread word for me of an attack which could be happening soon. My magic abilities have sensed an unknown creature lurking in the swampy waters and if we hang around too long then we will fall victim to it. I know Vera hasn't came around yet but just let everyone know to put them on alert."

With that, she bowed her head to Eagle and walked to where Vera was lying and laid down next to her again.

King of batponies
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 21:23

Needlepoint chatted contentedly by the fire with Wind Catcher and her pegasus team. She occasionally glanced to Eagle, who she caught staring back sometimes. She also looked at Inysa curled up next to Vera. Needlepoint had offered to help several times, but Inysa always snapped back that Vera would be alright and that she could handle it. She laughed at one of Maelstrom’s jokes, feeling strangely content despite fighting for their lives only hours earlier. She enjoyed the light hearted company of the other pegasi. Apart from Rhuno, she always found the others very serious. Wind Catcher made a snappy retort and the entire group laughed again. Needle looked at her and grinned. She couldn’t help but like Wind’s laugh. Unlike Rhuno’s, which was deep and bellowing, Wind’s was cute and trill, with the occasional little snort. The group stopped laughing yet Needle continued to look at her, fascinated by her every vibrant movement.

Suddenly Needle heard a commotion next to her. She turned to see Eagle and Steel fighting, their powerful bodies slamming into one another.

“Enough!” Shouted Inysa, the once sweet little unicorn now standing tall and strong, looking intimidating even next to Eagle and Steel. The pair broke down in giggles and Needle could’t help but roll her eyes.

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Fri 27 Sep 2013, 16:58

Wind Catcher and her unit were in the midst of killing timber wolves left and right when they heard Inysa yell to follow her out of the castle, it took a while for Wind Catcher to see notice the dead manticore and Night Vera who was breathing heavily from exhaustion. That was when she realized they all were suffering from exhaustion, how long had they been fighting? Night Vera being the stubborn mare she is refused to give up and flee and ended up being knocked out due to exhaustion.

Inysa lead everyone out of the castle and out toward the swamps, if there was any place in which they could hide at it would be the swamps. If any creatures tried to get them here they would have to get through mud and wet soil to reach them giving the group plenty of time to flee if they heard any intruders encroaching.

Wind Catcher along with her unit were conversing with Needlepoint at a camp fire that Inysa had magically enchanted so it wouldn't get the wood wet, she laughed at one of Maelstrom’s jokes and then made a snappy retort that got everyone laughing again. She simply sighed lightly at Eagle Blade and Steel Ingot's little brawl that got Inysa to come over and yell at them.

While Inysa and Eagle Blade were going around warning everyone of the presence of a huge beast in the waters of the swamp, Night Vera started to wake up. She jumped onto her legs and drew her daggers and started stabbing the empty air before her senses started coming back to her and she realized she was no longer in the middle of a bunch of Timber wolves that were about to swarm over her. The last thing she remembered was refusing to flee and then being swarmed by timber wolves before blacking out from exhaustion.

She noticed everyone was staring at her and she quickly said: "I was just erhm making sure my reflexes were still in check. Now would someone mind giving me a briefing on what's happened since I blacked out?"

Wind Catcher giggled for herself at Night Vera's quick excuse, she reminded her of her little sister that she had lost a long time ago, Wind had been too young to properly learn her sister's name before being sent away to flight camp which was mandatory for every pegasi child. Though something did feel familiar with Night Vera but she couldn't quite place a hoof on it.

Inysa had rushed over to hug Night Vera and they were now talking and Inysa filling Vera in on what she'd missed.

Wind Catcher went over to Rhuno and poked him. "Hey, you seem to be a funny fellow, how about we go and look for some fresh water together and you can tell me a bit of your adventures together with the elements of harmony?" She asked Rhuno.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 28 Sep 2013, 03:59

Rhuno and Wind Catcher left the camp and headed towards where they thought they might find fresh water. Rhuno told tales of the groups adventures from the job poster on the wall all the way up to ending the evil in Dragost with the Elements of Harmony. He made sure to leave out the private dreams though, do not want anyone to know about those. 

Wind Catcher was taken aback by the trials they had undergone. Yet the way Rhuno told the tale, he had her in fits of laughter the entire trip.

They arrived at the edge of a bog, the water clear enough that they could bring it back to camp and cook it over the fire. Rhuno dipped the buckets they brought with them into the murky water.

Wind Catcher was keeping her eyes on the bog, scanning the quite waters.

Rhuno dropped a bucket and it made a splash that could be heard over the entire bog.

A gigantic shadow appeared in the middle of the bog, just under the surface. Well... 3 gigantic shadows to be more precise. Rhuno and Wind Catcher looked at each other, fear evident on their faces. They did a 180 and started sprinting back to camp. Wind Catcher took off so she could warn the others faster as Rhuno charged through the underbrush. 

Just as they had turned around to run, the first head of the beast broke the surface, letting out a roar that shook the entire Everfree forest.

Last edited by Derpy on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 02:31; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by King of batponies on Sun 29 Sep 2013, 20:17

Inysa was sat with Vera when she heard it. The monstrous roar which echoed through the forest. Her eyes widened as what she thought was going to happen was actually happening.

"Vera, stay here." Inysa said as she stood up and ran.

Standing at the waterfront she waited. Waited for the creature to emerge. Three large splashes of water, then behind it rose three heads. She was right all along, there was a hydra in the waters. It was now a decision of fight it or die. She quickly made her way back to the camp confirming that she hadn't been seen.

"Guys! Uhh, we have a hydra to fight. Gear up!" She shouted across the camp.

King of batponies
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 00:24

Wind Catcher was flying as fast as she could to get back to the camp in time to warn them about the Hydra she and Rhuno had ran into, her wings were getting sore from having been out of shape and not used to flying a lot for the past few weeks in the Everfree forest. She arrived at the camp and saw them still being busy with organizing the camp site, she quickly darted down towards were Night Vera stood and landing right in front of her panting heavily from pushing her flying speed to her limits.

"Wind Catcher? What's up? Why are you in such a hurry?" Night Vera asks.

Wind Catcher tries to catch her breath in between words.

"We.. Ran.. Into.. A.. Hydra" She said a bit clumsily while swallowing as much air as she could.

"Calm down, commander. Take a deep breath and start over again." Night Vera says.

Wind Catcher gulps down a lot of air and tries to calm her nerves a bit before she managed to speak somewhat normally:

"We ran into a hydra while we were looking for fresh water and it's currently hunting Rhuno, I flew ahead to warn you guys before it arrives."

At that moment Inysa comes back and is shouting: "Guys! Uhh, we have a hydra to fight. Gear up!"

Wind Catcher's eyes goes wide and she exclaims: "Another one?!"

Night Vera looks at Wind Catcher and then back toward Inysa and asks Inysa if this is the same hydra that's hunting Rhuno or if it's another one. Inysa responds that it's the same hydra she felt lurking in the swamp waters before that is currently hunting Rhuno.

Wind Catcher lets out a sigh of relief before she hears Vera curse.

"Ah, shit." Night Vera curses.

"GET READY FOR A ROUGH FIGHT, WE'VE GOT A HYDRA ON US!" Night Vera yells across the camp and everyone drops what they were doing and draws their weapons and await Rhuno to arrive with the hydra on his back.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 02:38

Rhuno kept stampeding through the forest, the ground shaking every other step he took. He chanced a glance behind him, to see the Hydra right on his tail, lumbering over him like a castle tower.

"OOOOOOOOH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!"

Rhuno dug into the ground harder and put on a burst of speed, lowering his head and running as fast as his legs could carry him. He burst into the campsite where the others were waiting, weapons drawn.

"HYDRA!!!!" Rhuno shouted before disappearing under the massive right foot of the Hydra.

The Hydra let out a blood curdling roar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 19:34

Steel flew from the bushes near the Hydra, being launched from the back of Eagle. He flew through the sky, his armor glinting purple, as he brought Zwiehander down upon one of the Hydra's heads, tearing it clean off. He landed with a massive clank, as blood slowly dribbled off him.

"I only stopped it for a moment. Get your shit in gear, because it'll come back snapping in a moment," Steel said turning around, just to see Eagle stabbing the massive serpentine monster in the throat, and then slide down the side.

Eagle landed, stretching out his muscles, looking at the monster. He stuck his nose up in ignorance, bringing down his hood, showing his greying mane.

"Steel and I will distract the big fucker. You guys are in charge of putting him down," Eagle said, swinging his thin blade.

With that, the two set off against the giant monster, side by side.

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King of batponies on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 20:04

Inysa watched the plan that Eagle and Steel had formulated take place. Steel launched into the air and with one swing, sliced one of the hydra's heads clean off.

"I only stopped it for a moment. Get your shit in gear, because it'll come back snapping in a moment," Steel said

Inysa kept watching at a distance to observe any key facts to tell the others. Just as Steel and Eagle went ahead with distracting the Hydra, the space where the head was sliced off, began to seal over. From the seal, two more heads grew in it's place. Her eyes widened as she saw this but saw steel cut the two other heads off. Those two both growing two heads in place. The frustration could be seen on the two ponies faces as they slashed at what was now a six headed hydra, cleanly removing all the heads at once. The creature fell to the floor and with a small cheer, the two stallions walked back to the others. But when they neared the group the creature began to move. Instead of two heads regrowing, three more grew from each stub. An eighteen headed Hydra was now what they faced.

"Uhh, guys, let's agree to not cut anymore heads off. I need you to distract it the best you could. But please, no more cutting..." Eagle and Steel ran off to distract the Hydra. "I noticed with each cut, the head grows back, more than before. So one head leads to two, two to three and so on. If we aren't careful, this eighteen headed creature will soon become a creature of maybe one hundred to one thousand heads." She looked out across the group. "Buy me enough time to look through my arcane records. I will need zero disturbance and I will need that Hydra kept away from me"

As she finished speaking, everyone rushed to get ready to protect Inysa while she researched.

King of batponies
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum