Ancient Equestria Arc 2: Starswirl's betrayal.

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ancient Equestria Arc 2: Starswirl's betrayal.

Post by Cloudchaser on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 20:44

Night Vera couldn't help but facehoof at Steel and Eagle's attempt of killing the hydra, sure they're both very skilled warriors but they lack the proper education about monsters and other creatures in Equestria. Night Vera was studying the lumps from where the heads grew back from and looking down toward it's chest to see if there was any weak point she could utilize, failing to find one she went back to making sure Inysa could research without being trampled by the hydra.

Wind Catcher, Maelstrom, Searing Wind and Thunder Dash were circling the hydra together with Steel and Eagle to make sure it had plenty of targets to focus on instead of focusing on Inysa. Just as they thought they'd made the Hydra dizzy enough to try and dare a quick strike on it's body it snapped back and managed to snap Maelstrom's left wing in half before letting go of him of as he crashed into a nearby tree.

"NO!" Wind Catcher yelled out which made Searing and Thunder stop for a split moment to look at what had happened, they saw Maelstrom lie motionless at the bottom of a tree, bleeding heavily from his left side. When they turned their attention back to the Hydra it's gaping maws where right in front of them, they froze in fear and the hydra simply head butted them into each other before they lost conciousness and fell into the swampy water to be eaten by the hydra later.

"Bucking, shit." Wind Catcher swore and dived after Searing Wind and Thunder Dash too save them.

Meanwhile Night Vera had watched everything from the ground, she turned toward Inysa and was going to ask her how long till she found some way of killing the beast but was interrupted by Wind Catcher calling out for help.

"Help, someone. I've got Searing and Thunder in my grip but they're too heavy for me to carry ashore and my own energy is draining fast, we're going to drown if someone doesn't help us." Wind Catcher called out, hoping someone heard her.

Night Vera rushed over and used what little magic power she possessed to summon a rope to drag them ashore before the Hydra noticed that it's dinner was escaping. Together with Wind Catcher they got Searing and Thunder ashore and hid them behind a tree, Wind Catcher went up and hugged Night Vera.

"Thank you for helping me, Vera. My unit is all I have left to call a family after some bandits burned down my home town and killed my parents and sister 20 years ago.."

"You're Welcom.. Wait, bandits burned down your home town 20 years ago? That's the same time my home town was burned down my bandits and killed my parents.. Could it be that..?"

"What's on your mind, Vera?"

"No, nothing, we'll talk about it later." Night Vera said and turned away and walked toward Needlepoint who was keeping an eye on the hydra, ready to fly up and distract it if it came too close to Inysa.

"Needle, I hate to ask you to leave us in this crucial moment but we're all injured or severely exhausted, we won't last very long against this Hydra so I need you to fly as fast as you can to Canterlot and get help from the Princesses." Vera told Needle.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 01 Oct 2013, 01:25

Rhuno was in a daze. He was sprawled out in a hydra foot shaped crater. He could see a pink pony riding ducks around his field of vision.

Wait... what?

Rhuno shook his head to regain his senses and rose out of the small crater. He could see Inysa doing something magic related and was oblivious to the Hydra head coming towards her. 

Rhuno let out a might roar and charged the head, tackling it out of the way just before it reached Inysa. He cut into its face with his axe, causing it to retreat back into the sky. Rhuno ran back to Inysa and planted himself between her and the Hydra. It shot another head toward him, mouth open wide. 

Rhuno smacked the head to the side with his shield. 

"TAKE THAT YOU OVERGROWN WEED!"

Rhuno kept the heads at bay, whilst Inysa continued her search for a way to take down the Hydra.

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Tue 01 Oct 2013, 13:45

Steel watched as the heads regrew, and knew exactly what to do. In order to regrow a head, there would have to be a wound. But what if that wound was sealed up?

Suddenly, a pair of jaws wrapped around Steel's legs, crushing them, before throwing the large pony into a tree, knocking him unconcious.

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Tue 01 Oct 2013, 18:42

Needle nodded to Vera. She sheathed her sword and took off, throwing up a ring of dust in her wake. Her wings beat furiously against the air, her body rising with incredible speed. She levelled out far above the trees, aligning herself toward the mountain of Canterlot. She spread her wings sped off her hooves stretched out in front of her. The wind tore at her eyes as she blinked back tears, the forest below blurring into a sea of green. Behind her she left a dark blue trail that twinkled in the setting sun. The castle drew nearer as Needles wings began to strain, her lungs felt like they were on fire and sweat rolled off her body.

She landed at the front doors of the castle with such speed, the gaurds jumped back as a navy blue pegasus seemed to appear out of thin air.

“Who goes there?” growled one, levelling his spear at her.

“I am Needlepoint, I was sent on a special mission by order of the Princesses with Night Vera. I demand to see Celestia and Luna immediately” Needle sputtered, trying to catch her breath.

“Very well” Stated the other simply “You must wait here though. The sun is being set and the moon is rising”

“I can’t wait, I must see them now!” Needlepoint shouted, launching herself upwards again. She soared up and up, weaving in and out of the towers, searching for the Princesses. She found them. On top if the highest tower the pair stood, their horns glowing as their respected celestial bodies obeyed their magical will. Needle landed between them.

“Celestia, Luna” she said breathlessly “Night Vera and the others have been attacked by a Hydra and we are seriously overpowered. We need reinforcements immediately!”

The pair ignored her for a few seconds, until the last of the moon peaked above the horizon. The sun still had a way to go. Luna turned to Needle.

“I will come now, with my guards” She said calmly. “My sister must attend to the sun above all else, but once it is set she will follow with more reinforcements”

Needle nodded and took off, the pair gliding back down the exterior of the castle, Luna calling out to any guard stationed nearby to rally to hear. Soon a flock of 10 batponys followed them, their leathery wings flapping silently. Once the small group was gathered, they sped toward the forest behind Needle. Toward the rampaging and roaring Hyrda.

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King of batponies on Tue 01 Oct 2013, 21:24

As the fight between the group and the hydra raged on, Inysa was deep in her bank of knowledge. She sat down peacefully in the middle of a battlefield, her horn began to glow a dark purple. Gaining access to the arcane database, she searched through sheet upon sheet of paper until she found it. The way to kill a hydra.

She opened her eyes and what seemed like two to three minutes turned out to be thirty minutes or more, she couldn't tell... from the condition of everyone, it seemed like it had been a few hours.

She stood up and shouted "I FOUND IT! THE WAY TO STOP THE HYDRA"

Following that she withdrew her sword and placed it on the floor. Placing a hoof over the blade she closed her eyes. Inysa's horn began to glow red then the sword was set ablaze.

"We burn the fucker!" She smiled.

King of batponies
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Wed 02 Oct 2013, 03:21

"Everyone, quick get over to Inysa and let her enchant your blade with fire!" Night Vera shouted to the others, one by one those that were still concious came over and Inysa enchanted their blades with fire.

"Careful those blades are searing hot and will burn your fur off if you touch the blade." Inysa warned Rhuno who was swinging his blade around making some cool fire trails follow his sword.

"Sorry, got a bit too excited." He says before entering a battle stance. "Ready when you are." He calls out.

"Wind and Eagle you two are the only ones left that can distract the Hydra without risking to be trampled, I want you two to fly around it's heads and see if you can find a striking point on one of it's heads, don't get too ballsy. We're all pretty much going on fumes in terms of energy right now and we've more than enough that are wounded so I don't want anyone to do anything risky on their own, got it?" Night Vera says and the others nod.

"Well then, let's burn the fucker as Inysa put it!" Vera says and starts running towards the hydra together with Rhuno and Inysa by her side, Wind Catcher and Eagle Blade soaring around the hydra's heads that weren't focused on the ground.

Needlepoint alongside Princess Luna and an entourage of her personal guard were approaching the place were Needle had last seen her friends. They arrived at the scene moments later, the hydra was in the middle of trying to kill anyone it could reach, it obviously no longer cared about making them it's next meal. Some of it's heads were severed off and had obvious sign of having been sealed with a burning hot steel blade preventing the hydra from regenerating.

Princess Luna flew ahead past Needle and a stream of bat ponies rushed past her as their princess decided to take the lead, she arrived in front of the hydra and she yelled out in her royal voice: "I am the Princess of the night, co-ruler of Equestria, these ponies that you are attacking are under Canterlot command and protection and by the laws of ponykind anyone who dares attack an official of Canterlot outside of war time is sentenced to death, now I am feeling kind so I will give you one chance to turn away before I give the order to attack to my royal guards."

Everyone including the hydra froze still for a moment, the hydra obviously understood Luna to some extent but it was unclear if it understood it's sentence for it resumed to attack Night Vera and her group. Princess Luna called out again: "So be it then, I hereby order my royal guards to attack this hydra freely until it either retreats or dies."

With too many targets to keep track of at the same time the hydra couldn't focus on the important targets and gave Night Vera and her group ample time to sever the remaining heads and once the hydra dropped to the ground, Night Vera quickly shouted to Rhuno to keep the front body lifted up so she could stab it in the heart making sure the hydra was dead.

Princess Celestia arrived a moment later with some reinforcement.

"I see I wasn't needed at all, you got to have all the fun, little sister." She said.

"Ha! If only, no. Night Vera and her friends are the real heroes once again, they were the ones to kill the hydra." Luna responded.

"Hmmph, well then it looks like we're not needed here any more then, I will give you time to gather your wounded before we head back to Canterlot, I can see you've found Wind Catcher so your mission in this forest is complete."

Wind Catcher rushed over to Maelstrom and together with Rhuno they carried him to where some chariots that Celestia had summoned stood waiting for when the group was ready to move on. Night Vera made her way to Inysa and made sure they both were okay before she asked if Inysa would be so kind to check Searing Wind and Thunder Dash's condition.

Luna made her way over to Rhuno to make sure he was okay leaving Eagle to tend too Steel Ingot and Needle to help whoever she could help.

Last edited by Cloudchaser on Thu 03 Oct 2013, 01:39; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Wed 02 Oct 2013, 08:28

"STEEL! RUN!"

Steel's hooves carried him as fast as he could go, blood running down his face. He could hear the screams of his allies being slaughtered behind him, sparing time for the large pony, carrying a very special piece of cargo. While it didn't slow the massive pony down in the least, it was still hard to navigate through the crevices and cracks of the frozen north.

Steel turned a corner, and saw a group of barbarians sprinting towards Steel, weapons raised, torches glowing. He turned around to see that the other group had broken through the lines of Steel's allies. They surrounded Steel, blades glinting in the moonlight of the snow covered forest.

"Hand over the cargo, and we'll let you go," said a barbarian, his voice gruff.

"We both know that's not going to happen," Steel said, pulling his helmet off. He knew he would die here, so why not give them a good show.

Steel drew his broadsword, wishing he had one of his own specialized blades he had made at home instead of Equestrian Steel. It would be a brutal fight, but thats what Steel was good at.

Steel reared on his hind legs, bringing the blade down upon the closest Barbarian, slicing him right in half. He then spun around, his blade swinging quickly, as limbs went flying through the air. Multiple spears stabbed into Steel's metal plates, some glancing off, but a few penetrating.

Steel cried out in pain, slamming onto the ground, awaiting a blade to cut his head off, but it never came. Instead, the sound of gurgling filled the air. Steel looked up to see a mare with two blades floating around her, as Barbarians fell around her.

"You okay?" She asked, her blades levitating back into her pouch. She was a pure white unicorn, a few cuts on her body, as well as one milky white eye.

"No... but I'll be fine," Steel said, trying to stand up. "What's your name?"

"Silence. My name is Silence."

Steel's eyes shot open, as Eagle picked the massive pony up.

"You weigh a fucking ton, Steel," Eagle said, as he slowly moved him.

"I can walk, you know," Steel said, groaning.

"Tell me that once you look at how your right back leg is bent," Eagle said, walking slowly towards the group.

Steel groaned, looking at the charred remains of the Hydra. While it wasn't his handywork, Steel was happy to see some ponies who could fight down a monster of such a caliber.

"Rest up, old friend. We'll be home soon."

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Thu 03 Oct 2013, 15:34

Needle panted, her coat covered with sweat from the strain of her flight. She tried to help with the injured, but she was exhausted, her legs turning to jelly every time she tried to walk or lift. She felt an odd sense of satisfaction though. She flew fast, possibly faster than she had ever flown before. She swore she could still see some of her dark blue contrail twinkling in the dusk sky. Best of all, her wing had not twinged or pained her any more than her other one had. Perhaps, she thought to herself, she had finally gotten over it.

She looked sadly as a chariot took off carrying Maelstrom and his ruined remainder of a wing. He would never fly again. Wings healed, but they didn’t grow back, and within pegasus culture, a fit stallion his age that couldn’t fly was usually shunned and ostracized. ‘Better dead in the air than living on the ground’ was a popular saying within the traditional cloud based pegasus settlements. Canterlot would have to be different though, with its high concentration of unicorn and earth ponies. She decided she would visit him when she could, to offer what words of comfort she could.

She noticed Wind Catcher nearby, staring at the chariot too as it winked out of sight. She looked grim and morose, very unlike the cheerful and bright mare she was before the Hydra attacked. Needle caught herself running her eyes down Wind’s back, appreciating the smooth curves of form. Something looked off though. One wing was tucked close to her body, whilst the other hung limp by her side, the breeze moving it slightly. Needle hobbled over to her, pleased to find strength and vigour returning to her body.

“Wind?” she said, kindly. Wind did not look at her, but acknowledged her with the tiniest of nods. “Your wing, I think you have injured it. It looks dislocated”

Wind turned to her sharply, her face wincing as her wing flopped around with her “Needlepoint, with all due respect, I know more about medicine and healing than you, and I can safely say, I am not injured” she sneered, turning back away from Needlepoint.

Needle brayed with annoyance, tossing her mane back indignantly “Is that so?” she replied sharply “lift your wing”. Wind Catcher lifted her other, obviously uninjured wing. “Don’t be such a filly, you know I mean the other one”. Wind Catcher did nothing, her face twitching slightly as she attempted to move the limp wing. Needle snorted triumphantly “there, just like I said, dislocated”.

Before Wind could reply, Needle grabbed her, one hoof around her body, the other around the base of her wing. In one fluid movement, Needle forcefully pushed the wing upward. It quickly clicked back into place with a loud pop and a short, loud scream from Wind. Her wing quickly opened and spread, the force knocking Needle back.

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Thu 03 Oct 2013, 15:56

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hit you with my wing, I... I'm not exactly one too admit easily when I've gone and gotten myself injured. Always felt like I need to uphold the image of a strong leader and commander but now with Maelstrom injured so badly he'll probably never fly again, Searing and Thunder almost drowning it feels more important than ever to show I'm strong and capable of leading even when I doubt myself. Sorry I'm just rambling now, you probably don't care anyway, someone as pretty as you probably have plenty of stallions proposing too you." Wind Catcher says and reaches out a hoof to Needle as a sign of thanks.

"Thanks for the help with my wing though, it would've been awkward having to walk or ride a chariot back to Canterlot all thanks to a dislocated wing, I hope you didn't mind my rambling." She says.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Thu 03 Oct 2013, 16:11

Needle blushed a little as Wind called her pretty “Ummm, no, well I guess, errr” She stammered trying to answer her. “I think you are a wonderful leader. You remind me a lot of Night Vera, both very strong, beautiful mares, who care so much about their group that they try and blame themselves for things beyond their control.” Needle said quickly, blushing a little again as she realised she had called Wind and Vera beautiful. Usually she had very good command over what she said, but something about Wind Catcher made her spew out what she was thinking before she could censor herself.

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King of batponies on Thu 03 Oct 2013, 23:09

Inysa sat down by Vera.

"I need to tell you something, listen to what I have to say, please?" Inysa asked

Vera gave a firm nod and Inysa continued.

"Today has been the best day with you guys. I was noticed by everyone for my true potential as a comrade and a leader. I would really like to be the leader of something after all this comes to an end, but I don't see that happening. I have grown a love for these guys also, when I left for my short trip... I didn't want to come back but I am glad I did. Thank you for listening to me" Following that, Inysa stood straight and walked off.

King of batponies
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 05:10

Rhuno stood proud, facing the headless corpse of the Hydra that he and his comrades had just vanquished.

Wow... we really took down a Hydra. Crazy...

Rhuno heard a pony walk up next to him and turned to see Princess Luna standing next to him. Rhuno got on one knee and bowed, as any pony would do in front of their princess. Luna grabbed Rhuno and brought him back to his feet.

"Are you hurt friend? I heard the Hydra stepped on you. Any broken bones or open wounds?" Luna asked as she circled Rhuno looking for any sign he was injured.

"Oh no no no Princess. This armor is like a rock. Seems I get to thank a special pony for that, huh?" Rhuno smirked at Luna.

"What have I said about calling me Princess? To you it is Luna. Anyway, I am just happy to know you are uninjured. We do not want Equestria's finest Minotaur hurt, now do we?"

"Ehh, I have been in worse. Just a Hydra, you see those everyday. Not like we just took down with under 10 people what would have taken a regiment." Rhuno smoothly said whilst striking a heroic pose.

Luna giggled at this.

"You are just a piece of work Rhuno. Anyway, I must be off to my guards. It was nice seeing you again in the flesh. Dreams just do not cut it sometimes, now do they? Stay safe my friend, it was pleasant seeing you again."

"Right back at ya Luna. Thanks for the armor again. And for the dreams." Rhuno finished with a wink.

They both smiled at each other, and Luna embraced Rhuno in a quick hug before trotting back to her guards.

Rhuno watched her go, her blue star lit mane flowing behind her in the breeze. Rhunos smile grew into a happy grin. His star struck state was cut short though.

"Alright everypony. Lets saddle up and get going! I think we all have had enough of this forest and its inhabitants." Vera yelled to the ponies and Minotaur gathered around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 15:17

Wind Catcher stood silent for a moment, "Did she just call me and Vera beautiful? No one's ever called me that, well except Maelstrom.." She thought to herself and blushed a little, "Thanks, no one's really called me beautiful before.. I'm not exactly the type of mare who has stallions chasing me, I tend to be dirty and rough and full of small scrape wound here and there. Not exactly something most ponies look for in a mare."

"Alright everypony. Lets saddle up and get going! I think we all have had enough of this forest and its inhabitants." Vera yelled to the ponies and Minotaur gathered around.

Everyone who were either too exhausted, wounded or unable to fly boarded their respective chariots and then they were off to Canterlot. Upon arriving at Canterlot those that weren't wounded were escorted into their respective guest rooms while the wounded were taken to the royal hospital to be taken care of.

Wind Catcher tried to struggle a bit, she didn't want to leave her soldiers alone with some unknown nurses but the lead doctor simply held her back and told her she can visit them when she's rested up and in the meantime they will do all they can do ensure that her soldiers will be back to normal asap.

Had she been in a better state she wouldn't have left but she could feel the exhaustion in her body and decided there was no point in struggling, the doctor called over some guards to escort Wind to her quarters.

Night Vera and Inysa got to share a room as their relationship was already somewhat known by the Princesses who had arranged the rooms for them.

Everyone else had gotten a room of their own to rest up in.

After an almost restless night Wind Catcher got up early to visit her friends at the hospital, she goes up to Maelstrom's bed first where he's lying awake with a bandage on his left wing.

"Oh, Mael. I'm so sorry you can't fly anymore, you'll be shunned as an outcast by other pegasi now, what will you do? How will you continue to live without being able to fly?" Wind Catcher asks.

"Oh you worry too much, Wind. I will be alright, Celestia offered me a job as the captain of the royal guard, the old one is thinking of retiring but doesn't feel like he has anyone worthy to replace him so hopefully I can prove that I am worthy. After all these years with you I think some of your stubbornness has rubbed off on me." Mael says and chuckles.

"Heh, I guess so. It's been a good run we had together old friend." Wind says.

At that moment Searing Wind and Thunder Dash approached her.

"Uhm.. Wind, ya got a moment?" Searing Wind says.

"Yes, what is it, Searing?" Wind says.

"Well after this latest mission and almost dying on the coup me and Thunder have decided to settle down together while we're still young and have the time to do so. I hope you're not going to be angry at us." Searing says.

"I would hate to see such talent go away but I can understand, I was just like you when I was younger. Me and Mael tried to settle down together but it didn't feel right for me at the time so we kept going but now I'm all that's left, I don't know what will become of me.." Wind Catcher says.

Before anyone could say anything more a royal guard came and asked for Wind Catcher.

"Yes, that's me. What's the matter, guard?" She asks.

"Her highness Princess Celestia has requested that you alongside the other elements of harmony bearers should gather in the throne room, she's got something important to say."

"I see.. I will make my way over there right away." Wind Catcher gets up from beside Mael's bed and hugs her friends and says good bye to them before trotting off together with the guard towards the throne room.

Last edited by Cloudchaser on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 15:43; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 15:35

Feeling her stomach give a little flip as Wind had noticed being called beautiful, Needle listened intently to what she was saying. Needle couldn't help think that she liked the idea of Wind being dirty and rough. She blushed again at the thought. "Ah, well I am sure a nice, um stallion, will one day chase after you" she stammered.

Needle decided to fly back to Canterlot. She had not been injured or involved much in fighting, so she would have felt selfish to sit in a chariot because she was a tired. Nevertheless, the journey was rough, her entire body felt drained and each flap of her wing was strained. As soon as they landed, Needle wordlessly tried to slip away to her room. She walked straight into Eagle and Steel, and got knocked back as she did

“Sorry” She muttered quietly, then slinked away before they could reply

She collapsed straight onto her bed as soon as she entered the room, not even bothering to remove her armour. Sleep quickly took her.

Needlepoint was floating out to sea as Wisp burned. Other refugees from the settlement huddled close to her as the acrid stink of smoke clung in the air. The inferno blazed in front of her, every building with red flames licking the walls and roofs. She tried the fly, tried to help, but her wings were missing, only stubs remained. She couldn’t save Wisp, it was burning because she couldn’t save it. Little colts and fillies stared up at her, begging her to save her home. Needle tried to answer them, but she couldn’t speak. Suddenly Jetsam grabbed her and spun her round.

“You could have saved us” Her shouted, shaking her. “You could have protected us! Are we not as important? Am I not as important?”

And explosion sounded behind them as the last of the cloud houses crashed to the beach below, Wisp now nothing more than hot ash.

Needlepoint sat up in bed, panting hard. A guard stood in her doorway.

“Miss Needlepoint, Princess Celestia requires you and the other element bearers in the throne room” He said sharply.

She slid out of bed, shaking a little from the dream. Needle splashed a little water on her face then made her way quickly to the throne room.  It was empty, save for Wind Catcher sat in the centre, waiting patiently. Needle silently slid in, standing a little away from her.

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 19:07

Steel woke up in a small room, the feeling in his hind right leg gone. He looked up, and groaned. It was gone. All of it. Eagle was asleep in the corner, muttering something in his sleep. His feathers were slowly molting away, and his body was covered in bruises.

"Ah, I see you're awake, Steel." A pony entered the room, carrying something in his magical grip.

"Yeah. What the fuck happened to my fucking leg?" Asked Steel angrily, waking Eagle up. He seemed distant, and his temper was shortened as well.

"We cut it off. Or are you too stupid to see that," Eagle said, getting a growl out of Steel.

"I see that. Why?"

"Rather be a cripple with a useless leg, or a soldier with a fake leg?" Asked the pony with the unusual object. "I've already mounted the dock. Now, I'm just going to connect the prostetic, and you should be good to go. It matches your armor, as well, so its just as heavy as your leg was before."

"What if I want to change armor?"

"It has enchantments. Use your imagination."

Steel felt a great pain in his missing socket, and looked down. There was a massive metal prostetic now attached. Steel hopped out of bed, feeling natural with the equipment on.

"Thank you. I'm going to get some rest," Said Steel, nodding.

"Not so fast, Steel. Celestia wants to talk to us." Eagle said, walking off.

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 05 Oct 2013, 22:59

Rhuno rode in one of the chariots all the way back to Canterlot. Once they all arrived, everyone got rooms to stay in for the night. Rhuno was escorted to his room, which he entered and took it upon himself to drop his armor off and onto the floor, followed by belly flopping onto the massive bed which was brought up for him. He wiggled and squirmed in the covers, soon turning into a giant white cover cocoon. 

"Aww yes. So... comfy... *yawn* This is good..."

Rhuno dozed off right then and there, back to his favorite place of all, dream land.

Rhuno awoke the next day to someone knocking on his door. When he opened the door, he was greeted by a guard. Before the guard could speak, Rhuno put his finger to the guards lips and said, "Let me guess... I am wanted in the throne room... with the elements of Harmony... for some reason or another."

The guard nodded without saying a word, looking down at the finger pressed against his muzzle.

"Well alrighty then. Off to the throne room we go!" 

Rhuno threw on a simple shirt and let the guard lead him to the throne room.

Back to top Go down

Post by King of batponies on Mon 07 Oct 2013, 20:39

Inysa decided the best way and most fun way for her to get back to Canterlot was to walk. So off she went walking.

It took her a day to walk/run her way to Canterlot.

Upon arriving, she found a nice place to stop and have a drink. Ordering a cuppa tea, she waited, waited to be summoned.

A Canterlot guard came up to her and summoned her to the throne room together with the other elements of harmony.

King of batponies
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Mon 07 Oct 2013, 22:01

Night Vera decided to take up on the chariot ride offer since she was so exhausted along with a fair number of wounds ranging from timber wolf bites to scrape marks to bear claw wounds. Plenty of scars from having stared death in the eye once more. Vera arrived to her personal chambers having neglected the room that had been set up for her and Inysa since Inysa had decided to walk to Canterlot instead.

Night Vera slept through the night without any trouble and awoke to someone banging on her room door.

"High Commander, Night Vera?" The guard asks, obviously he knows who she is but keeps it formal in the presence of a superior officer.

"Yes, that is me, what's so urgent?" She asks.

"Her highness Princess Celestia request your presence in the throne room immediately, ma'am."

"I see, I'll be right behind you, got to be important if Celestia requests I join her immediately." Night Vera says and walks off toward the throne room.

Wind Catcher noticed Needle silently slide into the throne room and standing a bit away from her, Wind didn't quite know what to do.. Needle had called her beautiful, did she mean it or was it just in the heat of the moment? Just as she had decided to go over and talk with Needle, Rhuno barged in before Wind got the courage to go over and talk with Needle. After Rhuno, Eagle and Steel came in and were shortly followed by Inysa and then last but not least Night Vera.

When they were all gathered Celestia came in and briefed them on why they'd been gathered here.

"You all probably wonder why I've gathered you here today and so soon after you previous mission. The situation is as follows: Starswirl the head magician of Canterlot has gone missing and no one's seen him for a few days. I want you to split up in pairs of two and search the places he was last seen at." Celestia says.

"Right, you heard the Princess. Wind Catcher you and me go check the astronomy tower, Inysa and Needle you two check the library, Rhuno and Eagle you two check his room and last but not least, Steel you'll have to go solo on this one but all you need to do is go check if he's mourning his apprentice Clover the clever." Night Vera gives everyone their orders and hurries off with Wind Catcher at her back toward the Astronomy tower.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Tue 08 Oct 2013, 19:48

Steel walked into the graveyard, his heavy metal prostetic creaking and groaning as he walked. While he had never been stealthy before, this was not helping at all.

He saw no sign of the wizard, or any living soul for that matter. Steel groaned, and sat down, still fatigued from his fight with the massive Hydra. His body was painful to be in, and for that matter, the prostetic felt hot.

Steel closed his eyes for a moment, and drifted off.

------

"Daddy, I'm scared!"

Steel smashed the door closed, as the sound of screaming ensued outside his cabin, grabbing a short sword in his teeth.

"Sweetie, get back with your mommy. We'll be okay, you hear me?" Asked Steel, pushing Silver and Platinum back away from the door.

As soon as he did that, a Diamond dog shot through, already covered with blood. Steel slashed at the monster, cutting through his thick skin. The massive dog fell back, gasping as blood shot from his stomach. Steel twisted his head and threw the blade into the monsters throat, killing it.

"What the hell is going on?" Shouted Silence, running from her room.

"Diamond Dogs! Take the kids and get out of here!" Shouted Steel, grabbing a blade from a different part of the room.

Suddenly, a massive diamond dog shot up from the ground, tearing Silence's head off. Blood spilled across the floor, as Steel went wide eyed.

"NO!" he screamed charging the massive monster. The dog slapped him away, before grabbing Platinum in his hand, and squeezing the small foal.

"Daddy!" The colt squealed, as the pressure built up to the point where the poor foals small head couldn't take it anymore. In a frenzy of pure gore, the insides of Platinum's body spilled out of the eyes, ears, and mouth. The diamond dog threw the dead carcass away.

Silver cried in fear, as the monster grabbed the small filly by the head. Steel could do nothing but watch, as his daughters head was ripped from her body, spine and everything. Blood shot across the room, as the Diamond Dog discarded the other body.

Steel ran the massive dog through, screaming the whole time. The dog fell down, gargling blood, as it died. Steel looked around, looking at the remnants of his family. Tears flooded his eyes, as he fell to his stomach, wailing. He pulled the bloody remnants of his family into a singular place, crying into the bloody pile. Everything he had ever loved, dead.

"Dad! What happened?!" Shouted a voice, as Steel looked up. In the doorway stood Steel's oldest daughter, Gold. Her bow quiver was completely empty, and she was bleeding from a cut on her face.

"They came in, killed them..." Steel said, as Gold rushed to his side.

"Let's get you out of here, Dad,"

"Excuse me, sir? Are you okay?" asked a voice. Steel looked up, to see a young mare in guard armor standing over him.

"Pardon? Oh, yes, I'm fine. Thank you," Steel said, his voice muffled.

"Princess Celestia told me to fetch you. She needs you back in the throne room, asap," said the mare. Steel nodded, walking back to the throne room.

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 08 Oct 2013, 20:28

Rhuno and Eagle made there way to Starswirls personal chambers. When they walked through the door, what laid before them was a room littered with books. Everywhere, on the floor, in bookshelves, strewn across the bed. Books books books. It was a mess.

"Well... uhhh... I guess we start looking for... something." Rhuno shrugs as he gets on his knees and starts scanning the floor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Wed 09 Oct 2013, 00:23

Night Vera and Wind Catcher arrived at the astronomy tower, it was quiet and empty, no wizard in sight. Even though Starswirl is known for being a lone wolf, since his apprentice chose to die of old age together with her friends instead of extending her life to study every known magic in the world together with her master. However he would not go as far as using a cloaking spell unless he had bothersome company.

Wind Catcher having been brought up with mainly a military schooling the scribblings on the blackboards and scrolls didn't make much sense too her, nor was she able to read it. She always received all her orders in person so she'd never had a reason to learn how to read.

Night Vera however was very interested in what the scribblings Starswirl had written down on the scrolls were about, still searching for any clue wherever he may find it of what the last type of magic he hasn't discovered yet is. He kept a very detailed diary in case he would die before achieving his life goal so that any powerful mage after him could continue his life work and maybe one day complete it.
Night Vera did notice something odd, in his logs from around a week ago he mentions sensing a dark presence that seems to follow him around and amplify his bad moods into yelling at ponies for standing in his way when he's busy with research.

"Hmm.. Interesting.. The Princesses have to know about this immediately. " She mumbled to herself, she'd almost forgotten Wind was with her when she suddenly touched Vera's shoulder making her jump a bit.

"Sorry, didn't mean to disturb you when you were focusing so hard. I just.. I have this.. feeling.. I can't get rid of that I know you from somewhere and back at the swamp you mentioned your home town was burned down 20 years ago and when I asked what was on your mind you said we'd talk about it later, well now it's later.." Wind Catcher said.

"That I did, didn't I? Well we've got time now I guess." Night Vera sighs a bit before continuing: "You are indeed correct that my home town was burned down 20 years ago, some bandits raided the town at dusk. I don't remember much of it as I was just 6 years old at the time, I remember my father locking me inside a small cabinet and then I heard screams from outside. I assume the bandits killed my father and raped my mother before leaving her to die in the fires or live in shame of having been raped and impregnated by bandits, she'd been an outcast of society. For the sake of her memory I like to think she died in the fires that day rather than live on and give birth to a rape child, after that I was found by Queen Faust herself, I was in a miserable state she told me. I had managed to break open the cabinet and I was sitting by the corpse of my father while our house was burning down around me. "

"Di.. Did.. Did you by any chance have a sister about the age of 8 when the bandits attacked your town and do you remember how your parents looked like?"

"I recall having a sister that was sent off somewhere when I was a baby, my parents were very proud of her and I remember loving her a lot, she was very kind and liked to joke around a lot, she showed me some pranks before she had to leave. As for my parents? I only remember them briefly.. My father had a white coat with a blue mane and tail and kind blue eyes, he was a pegasus, he was the more serious type but was quick on his feet. My mother was a lovely mare with a leaf green mane and tail, grayish white coat and red eyes, she was an unicorn, she liked to goof around a bit and was usually the one who laughed when my father sprung one of my prank traps. I don't remember my sister really, I think she had a dark blue coat, much like yours. " Vera responded.

Wind Catcher was having a hard time keeping tears back from flowing down her cheeks, all the descriptions Vera had just listed matched exactly with her memories of her parents even down to race and personality. Night Vera switched her focus from trying to remember her sister towards Wind Catcher who seemed to be holding back tears.

"Is there something that's bothering you, Wind?" Vera asked.

"Ye.. Yes.. Well... No, not.. really.." She said in-between sniffs. "It's just, your description of your parents are the exact same of how I remember them before being sent to flight camp, I also remember showing my little sister some pranks to pull off on our father before I had to leave and I in turn had learned them from my mother."

"Wait.. Are you suggesting.. You and me.. " Vera does a wave motion pointing at her and then Wind and then back to herself with her hoof "Are sisters..? No.. No.. you.. are you..?" Vera tries to find words but everything she can think of just doesn't want to come out of her mouth.

"Yes, Vera. I'm saying we're sisters, our memories of our parents and each other are too similar to be a coincidence." Wind Catcher says and she can no longer hold back her tears, she's too happy to have finally found her long lost sister she'd thought dead.

Night Vera was stunned, she had a bunch of emotions running through her at once and the shock of now standing in front of her big sister that she had also thought lost forever was more than enough to make her speechless. Suddenly something clicked in Vera and she felt tears flowing down her cheeks and the longer she stared at Wind Catcher the more she wanted to run up and hug her and never let her go again until she finally snapped.

"Big sis!" She yells out with tears running down her cheeks and she jumps right into the bosom of Wind Catcher hugging her tightly not wanting to let go of her in case she would disappear again.

"I've missed you so much, sis." Vera says.

"Me too, sis, me too." Wind Catcher says and hugs back just as tightly.

They remain locked together, savouring the moment of reunion for a good few minutes before Vera remembers why they were here in the first place.

"As much as I would love to sit like this for hours upon hours, we still have to report back to the Princess on our findings, Starswirl's been haunted by a dark presence that I think Celestia will be very interested in hearing about." Vera says and wipes off the tears from her cheeks.

"Yes, of course. We'll have to catch up more later, you've been on quite the adventures I have heard, never thought my little sister was the legendary rogue Night Vera." Wind Catcher says and giggles. "I'm supposed to be the big sister but my little sister is my superior, oh how fate can be funny sometimes, you're right though let's get back to the others."

They rise up and start walking back to the throne room, both gleaming with joy and a very happy aura radiated from the newly united sisters.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arualsti on Wed 09 Oct 2013, 20:40

Needle trailed Inysa, following her lead to the library. She opened and closed her mouth several times, trying to strike up a conversation, but found the words escaping her. Needlepoint no longer knew how to talk to Inysa. The year apart seemed to change her, she was colder and more distant than she was before, scarier. Something had happened during that time that was brooding in her now. Needle had seen the almost tranquil and pleasurable smile that tugged at the corners of her mouth during battle and bloodshed, almost as though the violence brought her peace.

Inysa stopped in front of a pair of grand, gilded, golden doors, carved intricately with an image of Faust in all her royal splendour. Needle sighed, Queen Faust’s strength was sapping, she now only saw her two daughters, and, whilst they assured everyone the Queen was still living, their grim expressions made it clear she was barely hanging on anymore.

The doors swung inward to reveal a long, cold room with a huge ceiling. The library was carved deep into the mountain itself, and books seemed to span onward for miles. Tall ladders were propped against the shelves, reaching almost all the way to the top, with the last few shelves only accessible by pegasi. On ground level luxurious sofas and long oak desks were sprawled between the each enormous bookshelf. Needle gaped in awe at the sheer size and magnificence of the room, you could get lost in knowledge here. Inysa closed the door behind them, and the faint background noise of the corridor outside was hushed, leaving the library in perfect silence.

The pair trotted silently to a stern, portly mare behind the desk. Grabbing a quill in her magical grasp, Inysa scrawled on a piece of parchment ‘Starswirl’s last book?’. The mare peered over her glasses and silently scrawled a number and location on the parchment. Getting their bearings, the pair set of to find one book in a million.

The tome is question was situated near the top of a very tall, thin ladder. Inysa began to clamber up, slowly. Ladders were not well designed for ponies to travel easily. After almost slipping off entirely for the third time, Needle grabbed her round her waist and took off. Needlepoint was surprised how easily she lifted her up. Only a year ago, lifting a fully grown pony was a struggle even for short flights, and a completely vertical climb would have been out of the question. She must have gotten a lot stronger in the past year. Or perhaps Inysa was just very light. She was not used to being so closely pressed against another female. Were all mares this light and willowy? She hoisted Inysa up slightly as she began to slip a little in her grasp. She was soft too, much unlike the hard muscular body of Eagle’s. Her mind began to wander a little, was she as soft and nice as Inysa was to hold? What about Wind...Needle was brought back to reality by a sharp kick to the side from Inysa. They had soared straight past the book they were looking for. Needle floated back down a few feet and placed Inysa gingerly on top of a ladder. She grabbed the book right in front of her. It was black, with a worn leather cover and thin yellowed pages. Faded gold lettering on the front read: ‘Life Beyond Count: Magical Theory on Immortality’. Inysa flipped the book open and nearly dropped it in shock. From the gutter spreading outwards, was an inky black stain. Tendrils curled up each page, obsurcing words and passages. Inysa flipped through the book in determined silence. Each page was the same. Needle cautiously extended a hoof to touch it. The black centre was freezing cold to the touch, stabs of icy pain shooting up her arm. Needle withdrew her hoof sharply, breathing heavily, feeling as though she had been kicked in the chest. Inysa quickly shut the book and delicately made her way down the ladder

Random arist of things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Blueblood on Fri 11 Oct 2013, 15:38

Eagle kicked a book out of the way, his eyes looking around.

"Tomes and spells and potions. Magic. The only reason I wish I was a unicorn," Eagle said, sighing. "He's not here, but he's left quite a mess. I'd get somepony who knows much more about Magic than we do in here."

"Present," said a voice. Both Eagle and Rhuno turned around, their eyes focusing on the newcomer. She was a golden colored unicorn, dressed in honorary guard armor. She looked about 26 years old, and bore an uncanny resemblance to Steel. She even shared the scar on top of his brow.

"Well hello there," Eagle said, his crescent smile curving upwards. "You are?"

"Gold. You must be the Pegasus Military Ambassador, Eagle Blade, right?" Replied Gold, walking in.

"That I am."

"Well, I can analyze all these books for you two. You are requested back at the throne room."

Princess Blueblood
Dictator of RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King of batponies on Fri 11 Oct 2013, 19:53

After reaching the bottom of the ladder, Needle and Inysa made their way back to the throne room with the book they had found.

There is something wrong with this book, I shall let Vera know about it when we return. Don't want anyone to get hurt by what is inside She thought to herself.

"The throne room isn't far now" Inysa smiled at Needle then went back to being silent.

King of batponies
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloudchaser on Fri 11 Oct 2013, 20:59

Wind and Vera entered the throne shortly before the rest of them arrived, Steel looked a bit depressed, Rhuno and Eagle were followed by a royal mage, Inysa and Needle came back with a book that Inysa went up to Vera with.

"Hmm? What is it Inysa?" Vera looked at Inysa with a questioning look.

"We found this book in the library, let's just say it's not the normal type of book that a the royal Arch Wizard would leave after him.." She said.

"Let me have a look." Vera says and takes the book and opens it, dark tendrils shoot out at her and Inysa quickly closes the book before they can hurt Vera.

"This along with the scribblings in the astronomy tower.. I can only imagine what the others may have found.." Vera says.

Celestia walks into the throne room and start examining the stuff that everyone had found.

"This is most troubling, this is no simple illusion spells to keep curious eyes away. No this is far worse, I am afraid our dear Wizard has dabbled into dark magic, forbidden since our mother ascended the throne. The only tomes we have are kept behind a magic vault sealed off with the power of three Alicorns, the only way you can break the magic seals we have in place is by using very ancient and strong dark magic.. The only ones with that kind of powerful tomes or books that haven't been burned are the denizens of Saddle Arabia, our Equestrian laws don't reach that far as they have been an independent and strong nation before the three pony tribes united. "

Before Celestia had the chance to continue, Luna storms in in a hurry, something very important is on her mind and it can't wait.

"Sister!" She yells.

"What is it, Luna?" Celestia asks.

"Starswirl has been spotted in the Crystal empire, I just received a message from King Sombra asking why Starswirl is barging around in his magical libraries and asking weird questions to his mages under OUR ORDERS. " Luna responds.

"What? I have not given him no such order and neither have you by your surprised and slightly angry manner.. There's no time to waste, we'll analyse the rest of the tomes and scribblings and let you guys know our findings later. For now I want you Vera to take your group to the Royal Airship and set sail for the Crystal Empire, I want you to chase down Starswirl and bring him back here, you have full command of the airship and you may follow Starswirl wherever he may go. " Celestia says.

"Yes, Princess. We will do as you ask." Vera turns around to the rest of the group and yells: "You heard her, get to the airship post haste, there's no time to waste."

The group leaves all their finds in the throne room and gets back to their rooms to pick up their armour and weapons before heading off to the airship and boarding it, the Princesses had already assigned a crew to fly the ship so that the group could use the airship as a refuge in-between leads on Starswirl's whereabouts. They were all assigned rooms, Vera getting the captain's quarters and the others got the officers rooms, they all settled down in their respective rooms before exploring the ship.

Room layouts on the bottom deck:
 (         |Needle|  |Steel| |Rhuno|
(|Vera|                                          >
 (        |Wind C| |Inysa| |EagleB|

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum